Chapter 1

(Nightingale on the side!!! )
•••
Chapter 1 - Kidnapped on Lovesick Day
•••

You know that day where people would mostly go out and enjoy the sweet smell of love on the air with the people who they so call love? Well, that day is surprisingly today.

I was inside my room, watching Jack drown and Rose crying in the middle of nowhere. Yes, I'm watching titanic. Cliché I know, since today is Valentines day.

I shivered at the thought.

Valentines Day.

I despise this day much more than I despise peanut butter. And believe me when I say I despise it that much. Actually, saying I despise it is an understatement, but I just couldn't put my finger on the word best to describe it.

When I was watching Rose in the middle of her whistling fest, I suddenly felt uncomfortable, like I moved I'm my skin until I was in an uncomfortable position.

I knew what this meant so I went to the bathroom and took a quick a quick shower. Once I was done, I dried myself off and put on my clothes. I looked at the mini shelf in the bathroom to see I only had one pad left which was for this evening.

And another shocking news, I'm on my freaking period.

Joy to the world. Not.

After going out of the shower and wearing my warm sweater, scarf and boots, I went out while putting my money in my pocket. The moment I stepped out, I shivered not only because of the cool February breeze but also because of the dread of seeing couples that are lovesick and all lovey dovey.

Huffing, I made my way towards the store which was a couple of blocks away. I just walked without glancing at the people around since I didn't want to catch a couple doing something.

Now I said I didn't want to see a couple, but I couldn't help look up instead of staring at the cold ground below. Seeing all the couple around made me want to barf my guts out but it also made me want to run away screaming. All these couples remind me of my parents and everyone else who has left me. I was supposed to spend this day with my family, but no one was willing enough to grace me with their presence. Well, some of them would have, but they didn't and wouldn't.

While I was walking, I saw a couple eating each other's faces in the corner. The mere sight wanted me to barf uncontrollably and so with the fear of barfing on some poor innocent guy, I squinted my eyes and focused on sending hypno waves to the two people. Immediately in my command, they both separated and walked deeper into the alley behind them. Once I let them go, they grabbed each other once more and continued whatever they had been doing.

Ugh. I hate clingy couples.

Soon, I started walking again and focused more on the ground and the pebble I was kicking repeatedly. And another shocking news, I have some unexplainable abilities. Well, they're not completely unexplainable.
See, I can manipulate a living things mind. Weird right?

Well, it all started when I was 10. Some kid was bullying me about my braces and pigtails and I got very very angry that my feelings kind of radiated off in hypnotic waves. With that I was able to control the bully and he ended up with a broken leg. Hey, I couldn't control it back then.

I stopped abruptly because I had the feeling that someone was following me. Turning around, I saw people walking the same way as me but none of them was paying attention to my actions. Except for two hooded figures.

When they saw me staring at them they looked away as if hoping that's didn't notice them stalking me. Pretending to ignore them, I turned around and speed walked towards my destination. I turned around once again to check if they were still there and ungratefully, they still were.

Huffing, I got ready to run but before I could, a hand grasped my wrist and pulled me back.

"Ms you need to talk to-" he didn't get to finish because I flipped him over and I started running towards any direction my feet would take me. I heard heavy footsteps behind me meaning they were hot on my tail.

I rounded up a corner and looked ahead to see I was in an alley and to my dismay it was a dead end. Oh shit.

I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around to see two dudes about my age, one was a brunette and the other one was blonde. Staring at them, I inspected their features. Turns out that the brunette was taller and leaner than the blonde.

With that information in mind, I focused and sent waves to the brunette. His eyes then became dull meaning I had taken over his mind and with that I ordered him to attack the blonde.

He ran and tackled the blonde to the ground and the blonde thrashed around trying to get the boy off him.

"Blake! Blake! Get.... Off! " the blonde said while trying to push 'Blake' off but it was no use since he was heavy.

"Sorry dude, don't worry I'll make it up to you" blonde dude said as he raised his hand below Blake's chest and it glowed as ice shot out of it hitting Blake in the chest and sending him flying to the wall. I heard a small crack meaning the boy hit his head and I stumbled as my vision became blurry for a second.

See, if the person or creature I control hits its head, it also affects me which is one of the bad things about this power.

Groaning a bit I held my head as I focused more on the throbbing in my head than Blake's condition. I guess Blondie took the opportunity and raised his hand and hit ice at my feet. I was stuck. Great!

Pulling my feet, I tried to get my feet out as Blake started waking up. The ice started moving upwards and slowly covered my body which was not doing good for my nerve system.

Looking up and staring at the Blondie, I tried to control the ice dude but there was no such luck, I was too damn cold

Taking a deep breath, I focused on not passing out, but the coldness was too much to handle, and so with the ice just at chest level, I was out like a light.