Dixie Heart - Prologue

Ok so this is my first upload/first story. If its liked il keep goin so tell me what yal think!

Much love~sweet_magnolia

PROLOGUE

Ugh now I remember why I haven’t drove back home before now. This trip is awful but it needs to be done. Just one more hour and I’ll be back in my hometown of Vidor Texas. I never thought that I, Josie Taylor would end up back here and have absolutely nothing to show for being away for two years.

I followed my College sweetheart to Greensboro, North Carolina a few years back. Being madly in love I would have followed him anywhere. That was up until about 6 months ago when things just started falling apart. We were just so different from each other anymore and wanted completely different things.

We first met at a garage. He had replaced my tire and the whole time he was bent down working, I have to admit that I was staring at his very muscular backside and tempting tattoos on his forearms. Tanned tattooed arms that led up to very muscular broad shoulders and down to thick thighs fitting snugly in his faded blue jeans. When he caught me eyeing him, he let a slight smirk pass through his lips and wiped away some of his dark hair that had fallen over his crystal gray eyes.

He introduced himself as Jake Weston and said he went to Lamar University, which I also attended. He was quite the charmer. On my receipt he wrote down his number. After some major flirting and a couple dates we were inseparable. He had gotten a terrific job opportunity in Greensboro working for an indirect company of NASCAR so I went with him to start our new life together.

He had fit in perfectly with his new co workers and his boss loved him. I just worked at a little bar trying to put my share into the expenses. After a little while he started to get jealous over just about anything. Then he pulled away completely and we could barely talk to each other. I don’t know if it was the stress he felt with trying to be the best so he could impress his boss or what but the spark we once had where we couldn’t stand to be away from each other had fizzled into emptiness in his eyes. It hurt to look at him knowing that love was gone. He belonged in Greensboro and I just couldn’t find my place. It was time to go back home to Texas…..alone.