Chapter 4-----------> Pic of Teagan

Lacey and I drop Teagan off at her place. We laugh as we watch her stumble to the front porch and try to unlock the door. Pretty soon her husband opens the door for her. She blushes and then jumps into his arms wrapping her legs around his waist. She waves back behind her to say good bye as they can’t take their lips off each other for her to actually speak. Lacey just rolls her eyes (she is used to their public display of affection) and I have a giddy smile on my face. I’m so happy for her.

I decide that I should stay at Lacey’s tonight so I don’t disturb my parents for the second night in a row so we head back to town. Lacey has a one bedroom townhouse that sits above one of the local business. We climb the stairs to her apartment, walk in and dump our stuff onto the counter.

Lacey hands me a tank and some cotton shorts to sleep in so I go to her bathroom and change. As I’m finishing washing my face I grab the towel from beside the window and see that she has one delicious view. I call out to her, “I see why you haven’t changed apartments now. If I had a view of a bunch of fireman parading around just across your street I wouldn’t want to leave either.”

She just shrugs her shoulder and laughs” I couldn’t pass up all the benefits. I mean you’ve seen the fire marshal! Tell me those eyes didn’t have you meltin into the floor tonight”

I was a little confused, “I have?”

She rolls her eyes at me, “Well you were eye fucking him at the bar when I was buying our last round”  

“Oh my God. I was not!” I knew who she was talking about now and a blush instantly hit my cheeks. “Your right though, his eyes and those dimples could melt an iceberg.” 

We both climbed into her California King sized bed and passed out to the sounds of vehicles coming and going in the streets below.

When we woke up the next morning I was sprawled out over the top of Lacey. This could be awkward if I hadn’t known her forever but Lacey just grabbed me into a hug. “Awe I Love you too Josie” I slap her arms away and start laughing.

“Sorry I’m not used to sleeping with anyone but Jake.” She laughed at me and shoved me off the bed.

“Oww what was that for?” I giggle.

She just got out of bed answering “No talking or thinking of Jake! Besides, I’m a much better snuggler than him anyway!”

Laughing to myself, I just agreed with her and hopped up off the floor. I pulled on the same clothes from last night until I could get home and take a long hot shower. I smelt like smoke and limes.

Before Lacey brought me home, we stopped to get some kolaches. I haven’t had one in such a long time. It seems you can only find them down south.

Once we reach my place I grab my things and thank Lacey for making me come out with them last night. Besides the run in with the ex’s sister I had a great time!

I walk in the back door. It looks like I’m the only one here this morning. I see a note posted on the refrigerator. “Went to the feed store. Wont be back till after noon.”

I have the whole house to myself. First things first, long hot shower.  I strip down and hop into the steaming hot water. I just stand there letting the water calm and relax me before washing myself. Jasmine and vanilla scented the whole bathroom by the time I was done.

I got dressed in a pair of cut off blue jeans, a button up flannel and my cowboy boots. I don’t bother with any makeup and I leave my hair down to air dry and just put my hat on. Then I head out to the barns to find Ruby. I feed her an apple before saddling her up. I have to pamper her a little. I haven’t got to ride Ruby for a couple years and I couldn’t wait to take her for a good run around the acreage.