Chapter 1: Welcome Home

I slowly stride to the porch of a one story house. All I was hear is a faint noise of the t.v; it was Mickey Mouse, also known as my favorite show.

I knew little about these boys. All I knew is there were seven of them and now there are five. Also I knew all of the boys took the deaths hard, but one boy especially took it hard.

Knocking on the door, I went over saying what I was told to say.

Hi, I am Daphne, but my friends call me Munch. I am Dallas Winston's daughter.

I knew my dad was dead. It would have hurt me more if I would have known him before. That's the way I try to convince myself when I start crying, because I know I will never meet him.

There was an answer to the door.

A mid-height boy was standing there. He looked a little familiar; he was wearing an unbuttoned shirt with a patch that said DX. Finally it came to me that I saw him, on my way here, at the DX gas station.

"Who is this broad?" He asked slowly, and opened the door a little wider to showcase me in front of the entire gang.

"Hi, I am D-Daphne..." I said nervously. "...but my friends call me Munch." At this point they are looking at me like I was nuts. I felt a warm tear streak down my cheek. "I am Dallas Winston's daughter."

Every boy's jaw dropped except the muscular one sitting in the recliner, reading a newspaper. He just dropped his paper, stood up, and stared at me.

"I k-know you don't want to hear this, but I know he is d-dead, and a I have n-no where else to go."

A shorter boy stood up as well as the muscular one. He rushed to me and grabbed my chin. He moved my head from left to right as he examined it. It didn't mind me that he was poking and prodding my face, because he was rather cute.

"You are Dally's daughter, I mean you look just like him. But why should a broad like you have blood and bruises on your face and arms?"

I looked down to reveal to myself that my arms are worse than I remember them being.

Should I tell him I escaped a drunk boys Mustang. He was really rude, and probably shouldn't have been driving in his state of drunk condition.

The muscular man looking like he was in his thirties, but I wouldn't know. Many people think I am older than I actually am.

"Well someone get her a piece of cake, and make room for her on the couch, Ponyboy." The muscular man howled at the sweet looking kid on the couch.

As he was moving over a cushion, he was still staring at me in disbelief.

"S-so, you're really..." He swallowed and continued to stare as I sat down next to him on the small couch. "...D-Dally's daughter."

A kid in his late teens, wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt, handed me a plate with a small piece of cake.

"Sorry the piece is small. That's all we have left after Steve and I." He said clearly. He left off his sentence like he had more to say, but he never continued, so I assumed he was done.

"Well, you and Steve can share this one, because I ate at this diner down the road before I walked here." That was the easiest sentence I have had to say ever since I got here.

"Soda, Steve let's go to work. Two-Bit, Ponyboy watch after her, and quit your staring and at least wipe the blood off of her before I get home." The tall muscular man and the other two guys, walked out the front door and took off in an old truck.