Dinner and a Movie

Its now Friday. School just ended and im waiting on the sidewalk for Juan to come get me.

"You good Raj?" Chres shouted from the school parkinglot.

"Yeah I got a ride. I'll be back in time for the movies." I said. Chres and Caylee drove off leaving me there to wait. Moments later, a car pulled up towards me. The windows went down.

"Siraj! Get in my niggs" he said. I hopped in the car. The speakers were bumping with my favorite rap songs. Juan drove off lip syncing the chorus. I laughed at him.

"Juan. I missed you!" I squealed

"I missed you to big head" he chuckled.

"My head aint big. My hair is just puffy. You swear you have jokes" I said. I made a pouty face.

"Were are we going anyways?" I asked.

"My house."

After a while, we pulled up to his house. I got out with him. We walked into his house and a small child ran up to him.

"Daddy Daddy Daddy!" She cheered.

"Whatsup Danni" he said as he lifted her up and twirled her around. She was so cute. I loved seeing them together.

"Hi Danni" I greeted.

"Hey RaRa!" She cheesed. Then a girl walked in. She looked like she was around Juan's age, which was 18. She has pretty long hair and was latina. I remembered her. She was Danni's mom.

"Hey Raj!" She said. I hugged her.

"Hey Hanna. I havent seen you in a year." She looked diffrent. They all did.

"Juan and I couldnt wait to see you. You've always been his favorite cousin." She replied.

Yes, Juan is my cousin. My blood. Him and Danni is the last peice of family I have.

"I made you some dinner. Yo ass better be lucky I love you. I dont cook for just anybody." Juan said. I laughed and sat at the table. We all sat down and ate. Juan may be a thug but he is a chef at his foster parent's 4 star restaurant and has a scholarship to one of the top schools around here. His parents were killed with mines so we both were orphans after that.

After we ate, he and I went out back to play basketball. After a half of an hour of playing he won. I huffed from being out of breath.

"I win!" He said, rubbing his victory in my face. I didnt reply because I was still out of breath.

"You played a good game Pinn Head!" I finially spoke. When I turned around I saw him bent over on goal.

"Juan, you ok?" I asked. I walked over to him, placing my hand on his shoulder. He coughed. It sounded realy bad. Then he gasped for air.

"Juan, your realy scaring me. Please tell me your ok" I started to panic. My heart sped up. I loved this dude. He was like a brother to me. I cant stand seeing him sick.

"Its gotten worse...... I cant .... Its just getting worse." He managed to say. He got up and looked me in the eye.

"You said that it was getting better. You said that it wasnt going to hurt you."

" Look, I dont want to talk about it. I went to the doctor, there is nothing else they could do."

"Im sorry man. I'll pray for you, Keep Danni, Everything so you can go to the doctor. If you need me. Im there! Ok?"

"Thanks Raj. I think its time to get you home anyways. Go ahead and tell Danni & Hanna we're leaving.I'll be in the car." He said. I did as told and told them good bye. I then got into the car with Juan and he drove me home. We said our goodbyes and made my way into the house.