Amatis

Alec's POV...

I open my eyes to see that Magnus isn't laying next to me. If I was dreaming again, I don't remember. I know that sleeping with Magnus wasn't a dream.

I throw the covers back and get out of bed. I walk over to the closet and get out a pair of blue jeans and a gray sweater. I wonder if roses is the scent of the laundry detergent. I get dressed and walk to the door. It's unlocked.

I walk down stairs and trip on my way down. "Oh my God! Are you okay?" A woman's voice yells and I hear her high heels coming towards me on the marble floor, as I try to get up.

She holds out her hand and I take it. "Thank you," I say standing up. She smiles.

"Magnus told me about you," she says. "Well I've got work to do. Magnus is in the dining room. He's been terribly worried about you."

I walk to the dining room to see Magnus, sitting at the head of the large dining table, wearing a fine suit, and holding a champagne glass in his hand. His eyes seem to light up when he notices me. I sit down next to him.

"It's a little early to get drunk don't you think? Is that all you're having for breakfast?" I ask quietly and try to sound polite.

"Alexander," he sighs. "You've been asleep for three days. I couldn't sleep with you that long. I had work to do."

"Who was that woman?" I ask quietly.

"Well with Raphael," he pauses. "Gone. I needed someone to do his work. Her name is Amatis."

A part of me was remembering that Magnus killed a person and that he killed Raphael to get revenge, over what he thought was my death. That part of me, wants to run away from him. Another part of me wants to know more about his work and Amatis. But there's something else I care about knowing more...

"Magnus," I met his eyes. "What is going on with us? I mean- we like each other more than friends don't we? I mean-"

"Shh," he places his finger on my lips and I shut up. "I really really really really really really like you Alexander. You are different from everyone I have ever known. But we can't be together."

"Why not?" I whisper as if it is a secret. "I really like you a lot Magnus. And if you really like me that much... Then I say that we should at least try."

"No Alec," he says standing up. "That's final."

I watch as he leaves and realize, that's the first time he has called me Alec.