Chapter 8

"Yeah, is there something wrong?" He asked as his eyebrows furrowed. 

"Well, your making me miss my free period so I can give you my number." I said laughing.

"Correction. I'm giving you my number." He said poking my cheek as I froze.

"Did you just poke my cheek?" I asked, very confused. 

I really never thought he would have any type of nice interaction with me. I mean come on, all he does he push me up against things. Almost as if he likes it rough.

"Yeah, why?" He asked laughing.

"No I just... nevermind." I said shaking my head.

"So your going to Vegas?" He asked as he looked down. 

"Yep." I said popping the 'p'. "Are you?" I asked, deep down hoping he'd say yes.

"Well I wasn't going to... but then something convinced me." He said looking at me with that beautiful smile. 

"May I ask what that is?" I asked returning the smile. 

"You." He said simply. 

My heart stopped. Okay I wasn't really expecting that. Should I admit my feelings to him right now?

"I really like you." I said quickly covering my mouth. Gosh Lilly, your so stupid! Ugh he's probably gonna laugh.

"Me too." He said lightly poking my side with his elbow as I giggled. Ew did I just giggle? "Did you just giggle?" He asked looking as amused as ever. 

"No." I said blushing. 

"Are you blushing?" He asked looking even more happy. 

"Shut up." I mumbled. "So your going to Vegas?" I asked trying to change the subject. 

"Yeah, and I heard almost everyone is taking a date." He said turning to face me.

"Yeah, are you?" I asked hoping he would say no.

"Nope, do you want to maybe be my-"

"Ahem, where are you two supposed to be?" A teacher asked as she stood in front of us. 

"Oh Hi Mrs. Garcia! Were on free period, it's okay." I assured her. 

"Lilly, well okay then only because I trust YOU. Don't get caught up with the wrong people." She said turning to look at Justin. 

"I won't have a great day." I said smiling as good as I could. 

Well that was a little rude. I'm sure it bothered Justin by the way his Jaw clenched, and his knuckles turned white.So many people have told me that since they found out I helped Justin yesterday. He is not a bad person. Sure maybe he doesn't have great grades, but that doesn't mean- wait I forgot he enjoys being mean to other people. Dur Lilly think!

"She's right, don't get caught up with bad people. I'm gonna go." He said as he stood up. 

"Why are you leaving?" I asked.

"Just, shut up! You and I both know she was reffering to me!" He shouted, literally in my face.

"I don't care!" I shouted back. 

He pushed me back and ran away. I felt myself fall back and hit my head on the bench. Okay, ow. I began to feel dizzy. I tried to stand up, but I had no time. I fell back, my head hitting the bench again, and I blacked out. 

"Lilly! Lilly! Wake up!" I heard people shout. 

I opened my eyes and saw a bunch of people surrounding me. The bell must've rang and I probably stayed here. Well obviously Justin fled and I blacked out. I looked up and saw Lola, my head was resting on her lap. 

"Lola?"I asked.

"Yes babe, I'm right here." She said rubbing my forehead with her fingers.

I sat up and looked around. I think I saw Chaz, he nodded at me then walked away. Okay? Wait, Chaz, Justin where's Justin? I quickly stood up, instantly regretting it. 

"That was stupid, stay here. I'll take you home." Lola said. 

We went into the office and got permission for her to take me home. I woke up on my bed with Jenna and Lola next to me. These girls are keepers.

"Shouldn't you guys be in school?" I asked sitting up, feeling much better. 

"What happen to you!?!?" Jenna asked/shouted.

"I was um..." I don't want to tell on Justin. "I was sitting on the bench, then I guess I stood up to fast, so I fell back and hit my head. Then I tried standing up, but instead fell back and hit my head again." Okay yeah that sounds believable. 

They both nodded. After I finally convinced them I was okay, they both left. I sat on my bed wondering if Justin knows what he did to me... I looked for my phone, and when I finally found it I laid back down on my bed. I unlocked it and found like a thousand messages. I looked at each of them responding, and smiling at how kind people are. The last few ones were from an unsaved number.

Unsaved Number:

Lilly, it's Justin... I'm really sorry. 

Unsaved Number:

I didn't know you hit your head...Sorry, I hope you can forgive me.

Unsaved Number:

I let my anger get the best of me. I hope you feel better.

Unsaved Number:

I'll just leave you alone now... I hope you feel better.

Unsaved Number:

I know I said I'd leave you alone, but I'm guessing this means the date is off?

I laughed at the last message. I'm not mad at him, it's not like he meant to hurt me, well not the way he did. I saved his number and texted back.

To Justin:

I forgive you, now shut up and be at my house with movies in an hour.

I got up and looked in the mirror.

"Ahh! Eww! This can't be fixed in an hour!" I shouted at the mirror. 

I put my hair in a bun, changed into sweats with a tank top, and cleaned my face. I put my phone to charge and walked downstairs. After a while of watching spongebob the doorbell rang. I calmly walked to the door, and opened it to reveal a scared Justin.

"Why are you so scared? Come in." I said as I let him in. I closed the door and turned to face him. He dropped the movies, and pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered so low, but loud enough for me to hear.