Chapter Three: We Hide Like This...

During the rest of the week we couldn't see each other outside of school. Not even in secret. We only saw each other in school, but that was about it because the coaches had him busy. We finally got to talk in person at church on Sunday. It was a miracle too. He doesn't go to church unless we have a pack event. But early Sunday starting church he was in the back row with his future Beta, Milo, next to him.

He surprised me big time. He was dressed all formal with black slacks, and a red button-down dress shirt tucked inside, with his sleeves rolled up. His long hair has half up and half down. Since that day we found out we were mates I figured out that the addicting scent came out of him. All I wanted to do is put my nose in his neck and sniff the hell out him. Even if it's not lady-like.

Most of the pack was in church by the time we were about to start. As the pastor's daughter I was in charge of the devotional along with Eve and Lillian, another pack member. Four songs later and a two hour preaching we were out of church. My parents were outside talking with people and the only ones inside church were me and the musicians cleaning and putting everything back to its place.

"Can you guys let me talk to Melody in private for a sec?" Dereck's voice came from behind me.

"Bro, I don't think a second is enough for us to move one step." David, our bass player, said.

"Why are you guys fighting now?" Kevin, our drum player, asked.

"Well this girl never came to say happy birthday to me." Dereck said with a scowl.

"Well I'm sorry your highness! I had almost forgotten since it was like about a week ago-"

"A week ago!" the musician sang.

"Guys, really? You're in church." I said.

"Sorry." They all said.

"As I was saying, before I got interrupted...It's been a while now. I did send you happy birthday. I told Eve and Tatum to tell you."

"I know, but I wanted to hear it from you personally." Dereck smirked, "So if you guys would leave for a few minutes. I don't want her to embarrass herself in front of you guys. I have a heart to you know. I can be nice."

"Ok ok. We'll leave."

As soon as they left and closed the doors Dereck wrapped me in a hug and gave me twirl.

"You look gorgeous my love." He said.

"Thank you. You cleaned up well too. I'm so used to seeing you in shorts and no shirt on that one would think that's the only clothes you own." I gave him a peck which became a full blown kiss.

When we stopped to get some air Dereck said, "You don't know how to kiss."

I stared at him with wide eyes, "You know how to say the sweetest things to a girl. Of course I don't know how to kiss! I only had one boyfriend before you, and we only kissed once. A little kiss at that too. I don't even think it was considered a kiss since it lasted less than five seconds."

"Who was the guy who got your first kiss?" he asked with furious eyes.

"Is that jealousy I hear? It was Mark Hyde. You don't have to worry about him. He moved to Texas to another family pack."

"Oh! Mark the Nerd? I remember him."

"Don't call him that! He was really cute and awkward, but definitely a gentleman."

"Well it's good that he left. I hate losing pack members, but this one I'm ok with."

"You're mean..." I said resting my forehead against Dereck's, "What are we going to do about us?"