Chapter Ten: We Finish Like This...

The whole pack was in the community center near the pack house. That was where we had most pack meetings that included the whole pack. It's the only place to fit everybody.

Dereck and I got there last. Everyone was sitting down paying attention to Alpha White's speech, which was in a wheelchair on the stage. Next to him stood his Luna and his Beta.

"I want to thank every warrior, and every pack member, for fighting and supporting us. The two countries have come to an agreement. We hope it will last for many years.

For the eight families that lost their love ones, there will be a burial in their honor. I believe that losing a pack member is the most hurtful thing for a pack. We are a united pack, and as Alpha it hurts me too. So for the eight families, I know what you are going through right now because these warriors were my family too. You guys are not alone. The whole pack is here for you guys. Pastor Monroe is going to come and pray for the families. Please everybody stand up in reverence."

Once my dad prayed for the families Alpha White continued talking, "Now that we are back and I am in no shape to lead a pack...I think it is time to pass my Alpha title to my successor. My next successor is my oldest son, Dereck. From what I have seen in him and his leadership during battle I know he is capable on leading the Starpick pack. I want my son, Dereck White, to come forward for the official transfer of Alpha title."

The whole pack applauded while Dereck went up to the stage. The transfer of Alpha title consisted of both the Alpha and the successor slicing their palms and shaking on it. The pack knew when it was done when we all gasped because of the change in our pack connection.

Once it was done Dereck turned to the pack and said, "Now that I am the new Alpha of the Starpick pack I promise to be the Alpha you guys want and need just like my father was. I'm also not going to run this pack alone. Um...Melody? Can you come here?"

Here we go, I thought.

Everyone was watching me as I went up the stage. Dereck grabbed my hands and said to the pack, "Melody here is my mate. We have known for almost three years now. The reason because we haven't told the pack, not even my family, is because she was not ready. But I came back to find a woman ready to become the new Luna of this pack. So Starpick pack, I want to introduce to you our new Luna, Melody Monroe."

We waited for the pack to cheer or applaud, but the only thing we heard was a guy all the way in the back scream, "We already knew!"

"What? How the hell did you guys know?" Dereck asked.

"Son, as much as you two tried to hide each other scents it was always there." Alpha White said.

"You guys also went from having that little silly war against each other to being best friends. Not only that, but a mother knows the look of love in her kid's face. And you mister love her." Dereck's mom said.

I looked at Dereck at laughed, "I guess we were never good at hiding. But now we have found each other, and we are never going to hide again."

"You got that right gorgeous. Because we are just like that..." He said kissing me.