Chapter Four: We Date Like This...

The week after the BBQ Dereck called me.

"Hey beautiful."

"Hey! You have ten minutes to talk. I have class." I said. It was Tuesday. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I take my college classes.

"At what time is your class?" he asked.

"At five thirty." I said.

"What? It's four forty-seven!"

"I know, but I like to be early. You know...Get prepared."

"You are such a nerd. Anyway, what time you get out today?" he asked.

"At six forty-five. I actually get out at eight fifteen, but my second class got cancelled."

"Yes! Well I'll be waiting outside your college for our first date. See you at six forty-five gorgeous." He said.

"Wait what? Dereck?" It was too late because he already hung up. But I was happy. This was after all my first date.

----------------------

"Where are you taking me?" I asked. We have been driving for few minutes now.

"This small Italian bistro that I found while waiting for you. You like pasta?" he asked.

"Yes I do."

"I knew it! Every girls' favorite food is pasta." He said laughing.

"Wait. Whoa! What? Not every girl's favorite food is pasta. FYI my favorite is Chinese food. Where did you hear this so call fact about girls and pasta?" I asked.

"Umm...Well my mom had a slumber party for the young girls and they saw this girly, romantic movie. I might have been watching it with them while they braided my hair. Oh yeah and some of the other guys might have been there too." He said carefully.

Is there a way to fall deeper in love with someone?

"You are so adorable." I said pinching his cheek.

"Adorable? Sexy and handsome yes, but not adorable or cute. I'm all macho." He said wiggling his eyebrows. "Ok here we are."

The bistro was all Italian style. It was very homey. It had pictures of historical places in Italy along with family pictures of what appeared to be the owners and their family. There was a family, some friends, and a couple eating.

"Let's order. What kind of pizza you guys have?" Dereck asked the young woman that was by the cashier.

"We have pretty much everything. Cheese, pepperoni, sausage, beef. You can even give us a list of what you want and we can make it for you." The woman said.

"Let's make our own pizza!" I said.

"Ok. Here is a paper with all the ingredients we carry. You can mark them and give them to me when you guys are done."

"Alright. Thank you." We said at the same time. We sat in a booth right in front of the bistro, and started looking at the list.

"We can both agree on cheese, right?" Dereck asked.

"Definitely. How about chicken and bacon? Oh and lets add beef, and pepperoni. Can you believe they have potatoes? I never had potatoes in my pizza before. Let's add that too. I think that's about it. Oh and a large coke. What do you think? Want to add anything to it?" I asked.

He stayed quiet looking at me with a smile.

"What?" I asked.

"You are perfect." He said. I could feel my face become hot and red.