Chapter 3

The morning rose from its slumber and Alex got up from his bed,got ready,and started heading to school.Josh rode with Alex on their bikes.They raced each other to school,like they do every day.Classes began and Alex saw Lizzy and smiled.Lizzy smiled back at him.Josh did that same devilish smile as he did yesterday.Alex shoved Josh playfully and started to blush.Lizzy turned around and paid attention to the teacher.School passed by and Alex and Josh rode back to their homes.As Alex entered his home,two men in security attire approached Alex."The Mayor wishes to meet you.",one of the security figures said.Alex looked at his mother,who had a very worried expression on her face."Okay,let's go.",Alex said,as he followed the two men.Alex looked back at his mother,who closed the door behind them.Soon,Alex entered the Mayor's room."Hello,Alex...how are you doing?",the Mayor greeted him with a friendly smile.The Mayor shook Alex's hand and sat back down on his chair."Now,did you have any weird dreams lately...about familiar memories?",the Mayor said,as he signaled the two men to close the doors.The two men closed the doors and Alex gulped."Answer me...did you have any familiar dreams?",the Mayor said,as he hit his desktop.Alex jolted at the sudden gesture."Ummm....No,I haven't.....w-why do yo ask,Mr.Mayor?",Alex asked,gulping.The Mayor sighed."You are such a brave boy....let him go.",the Mayor ordered,signaling the two men to open the doors."You're free to go...goodbye,Alex...see you later....",the Mayor said,as Alex rushed out the doors.Soon,Alex reached his home.His hugged his mother,crying."The mayor is so creepy,mother...we gotta get out of this town.",Alex cried,as he let go of his mother.His mother shook her head is disagreement."No,Alex...we are staying here.This is our home.",Alex's mother said,as she stroked her son's fluffy hair.Alex walked over to his room and started on homework and daydreaming about what the Mayor wants from him.