Chapter 12

As the Mayor stepped forward Alex,Alex smiled and winked at his family.They were confused at first,but soon,they understood."Thank you for being such a nice,young bo-",the Mayor was suddenly cut off when Alex pointed at his face."First,you let go of my family...then I'll tell you.",Alex ordered.The Mayor laughed."How could I have forgotten....very well,your family is free to go.",the Mayor instructed the two men to do so.As soon as the two men let Alex's family go,they went behind Alex and hid behind his back."What are they doing?",the Mayor asked,as he looked behind Alex.Alex's mother,as soon as the Mayor looked behind Alex,punched the Mayor."Grr...how dare you,woman!!",the Mayor griped,as he held his bleeding nose.Alex punched the Mayor as soon as he said that."Don't you dare talk to my mother that way!!",Alex shrieked.The Mayor soon punched Alex back."Ouch....",Alex scoffed.Soon,a big fight was underway.As Alex was hitting the Mayor,they crashed through the window!"Aaaaaagh!!",Alex screamed,as they kept on falling.As the Mayor was falling with Alex,they whole area went blank and he looked into Alex's eyes."I'm sorry for what I had done to you and your family.",the Mayor apologized.Alex was silent and then,he smiled."Why....why would you you smile at me after everything I had done to you? ",the Mayor said,as he surprisingly started to cry."It's because...I have forgiven you...",Alex smiled.The Mayor sighed."I you want to go ahead and kill me..."the Mayor cried.Alex was surprised by what the Mayor had just said."I have done much wrong for you to go ahead and kill me....",the Mayor said,as he gave a warm smile to Alex.Alex sighed."But...but you're our Mayor..I'll be sent to prison if I do that!",Alex cried,as he grabbed the Mayor's collar.The Mayor smiled."They'll understand that I told you to do it.....",the Mayor said,as he smiled.The Mayor brought out a pocket knife."Here...use this to let me meet my demise..",the Mayor said,as he handed Alex the weapon.Alex cried."But....",Alex cried."What is it,Alex?",the Mayor asked."It's just that...I don't think this is the way it should be...",Alex sniffled."It's okay,Alex...just do it....",the Mayor said,as he smiled.Alex sighed."Goodbye,Mayor...",Alex said."It's Jonas....",the Mayor said.Alex nodded and stabbed the Mayor.Soon,the area went back to normal and they were safely on the ground.Alex looked at the Mayor.The Mayor had pale eyes and blood was across his chest.Alex held the Mayor in his arms as he crouched down.Alex began to cry."I'm so sorry,Jonas.....I'm so sorry....",Alex cried.The citizens of the town gathered around Alex and saw the Mayor's corpse.They gasped in horror and started to cry as well.Alex hugged the Mayor and tears streaked across the Mayor's shoulders.Soon,a ceremony was put on for the Mayor's death.Alex helped dig his grave and cried at the sight of the Mayor's dead body.Alex buried his face into his mother's arms and his mother comforted him."It was for the best,Alex..you've got to accept that..",Alex's mother smiled.Alex looked up at his beaming mother and wiped the tears from his face.He accepted the Mayor's death.