Chapter 13

The next day,Alex rode on his bike.Soon,he ran into his friend,Josh."Hey,Alex..have you heard that the Mayor died?",Josh said,astonished.Alex frowned at the remembrance of that death."Are you okay,Alex?",Josh asked,as he waved his hand in front of Alex's face."No,I'm not okay,Josh..the thing is that...I killed the Mayor!",Alex cried.Josh backed away from Alex."W-What?!",Josh screamed.Alex covered Josh's mouth."Don't scream that!",Alex whispered.Josh nodded his head and Alex let go of his friend."Why did you kill him?!",Josh quietly asked.Alex explained what happened."He captured you and your family just to learn something that you knew about?",Josh said,in total shock.Alex nodded."That's a lot to take in,Alex...so,who's going to run our town now that the Mayor is gone?",Josh asked,as he tilted his head.Alex shrugged."I don't know,but I don't want to talk about his death....",Alex said,as tears began to stream down his face.Josh shook his head."You should just let go of the past and move on.",Josh said.Alex sighed."No,that memory will forever be with me...",Alex said."I bet the Mayor didn't have any regrets.",Josh said,as he smiled.Soon,the day was starting to get dim.Alex rode back home and said hello to his family.His family were all so worried now that the Mayor died.After dinner,Alex got ready for bed and started to sleep.Around midnight,Alex heard something howling inside his room.Alex immediately turned on his flashlight,revealing his sister under a white sheet,pretending to be a ghost."Gotcha,big brother!",April chuckled.Alex looked away from his sister."Listen,big bro..you gotta let go of the past.",April said,as she set herself down onto Alex's bed.Alex bent down and hugged his sister.April soon pushed Alex away."Don't get all mopey on me,now,Alex."April said,as she began to laugh.Alex smiled and started to laugh as well.Soon,April left his room and Alex began to dream about how wonderful of a family he has.