7

Ezra calls a number he found on a small information slip from a gas station. 

My eyes are betraying me and I feel them drooping, music blares from the CD, and one that I remember putting on specifically for Ezra plays, I sit up jerkily and Ezra starts.

"No." He pleads, I laugh maliciously, and crank the nob to the right.

"All week long its a farmin' town, They're making that money grow."

I shout excitedly and grin,  Ezra shakes his head repeatedly as if it will make the torture I'm gifting to his ears go away.

Okay, I'll admit; I don't like a lot of country, but there are a few songs that are rare exceptions.

Such as, kick the dust up. 

I don't listen to it a lot, but you always have to have broad horizons.

Especially when it comes to music. 

When the chorus comes on, Ezra surprises me, with lightening his cringe. and actually singing! I sit there gaping at him as he sings the words to a Luke Bryan song. 

His voice isn't too good, but neither is mine, it's better then I expected.

When he's finished his solo, he turns and grins at me, "Okay, thats not as bad as I was expecting." He admits.

"Obviously, since you already knew the song." I accuse him, he grins.

"We all have our secrets." I laugh and shake my head. 

"You're ridiculous." I state, and he nods, denying nothing. I laugh at his openness.

~

My phone started ringing. and I blushed furiously, throughout this whole trip no-one has called me, so Ezra hasn't witnessed my ringtone yet. 

He bursts out laughing at the song. 

It might or might not be Escape by Rupert Holmes.

I check the caller idea, trying my hardest to turn the ringtone off as fast as I can, its my mom...

When is the last time we've talked really?

"Hello...?" I ask suspiciously, and I greeted by a happy squeal.

Was she drunk?

Oh she was definitely drunk

"Hi honey." she says enthusiastically, and I mentally take a step back.

"Mom?" I ask, and I hear a scoff from the other line. By my words Ezra whips his head to look at me disbelievingly.

"Who else would be named mom on your phone?" She asks, I can she she's offended.

"How are you?" I ask, I guess she doesn't really sound too drunk.

"I'm good, and you?" She asks happily, I can tell she grinned.

Which is completely out of character. 

"I'm good, we've been having a lot of fun." I don't really know what to say, do I tell her what we've been doing?

"Yeah mom, we almost put ourselves in ice-cream comas several times, oh and I keep on thinking of kissing Ezra."

Yeah I'm sure she'd like to hear all of that. I shake my head and tell her about the ice-cream comas.

She seems taken aback. 

"Oh, um thats nice?" She says uncertainly, "Are you being too much of a pain to Ezra's driving?" She asks and I gape, but quickly close my mouth.