22

"So what are you going to college for?" Cedric asked me as we sat eating chicken and couscous.

I shrug. "I'm still undecided." I said, considering I was still undecided if I wanted to go. Or if I even had enough money for doing so.

"Oh," He said, fading out, clearly unsure of what to say next.

Ezra and Zuri converse and Cedric chimes in once in a while, but I just sit there, thinking and halfheartedly listening.

"So, Zuri and I are going out with some friends tonight." Cedric said and Ezra nodded, "You two are alright staying here again?" He asked.

"Yeah, we're just fine. We won't burn the house down." Ezra promised laughing slightly and a smile played at my lips.

"I'm sorry we've not been able to have a night home and spend time with you guys since you've been here." Cedric apologizes and Ezra assured him it was okay since we did show up without a clue of when we would really come anyways.

We finish up dinner and Ezra said we'd take care of dishes and they could go get ready. Zure showed us where everything went and then went to go join Cedric and change.

"I'm sorry." Ezra said as I filled the white ceramic sink with hot water and squirted soap into the stream. I didn't know what to say so I nodded. "No, Ally. I'm really Really sorry. The only thing you've ever wanted to do was see the ocean. And I ruined your first experience. Do you think we can start over tomorrow?" He asked me, could we start over? Probably not. My first experience of the most life changing moment was ruined because I was being sensitive. But we could try, so I said sure and he gave me a winning smile and dried the dishes.

When we were nearly done Cedric and Zuri came in, Cedric had changed into a chambray button up and grey pants. Zuri was wearing a floral romper and her sun bleached hair was put into a messy pony tail but she'd put a bandana folded to keep it off of her face.

She looked so messy and effortlessly beautiful. Something I've strived my whole life for, and this woman achieved it by just being herself.

"So, we'll be back probably later tonight." Zuri said going through her average sized woven shoulder bag. Her hair complimented her perfectly tan skin admirably.

"Have fun." Ezra offered a half smile and stacked the light pink plates in the upper cabinet.

"There's popcorn in the cupboard there if you're hungry." Zuri pointed to one of the many storages in the small kitchen. After the goodbyes they left through the door and Ezra and I finished the dishes quickly.

"Do you like Yahtzee?" Ezra asked as he placed the last cup upside down in the one full of juice glasses all different shapes and sizes.

"Do I like Yahtzee?" I asked folding my arms over my chest as I leaned my back against the wet counter. "I love Yahtzee." I said and Ezra nodded.

"Cedric showed me where all their games were. They have Monopoly, Uno, High Ho Cherry-o." Ezra laughed at his own joke. "He said that him and Zuri prefer to play games and talk instead of watching television. He said it keeps them close." He laughed and shook his head at that.

"We'll play Yahtzee." I tell him, I'd forgotten to get a bathing suit again today and told him, he assured me that tomorrow was supposed to se extremely hot and that I'd be thankful to get one and swim in the ocean. I don' really know if I'd like to swim in the ocean, the idea scared me a bit I suppose. But tomorrow was about new beginnings. And the new Ally would like to swim in the ocean with her best friend.

What were we?

Were we together? What was the label on our relationship.

"Do you want coffee?" Ezra asked and I nodded as he started making a pot. Zuri drank coffee occasionally, she preferred tea with caffeine. But when she had an especially bad day She would drink nearly whole pot by herself and Cedric would cut her off in the most loving way possible. Ezra went on this story and I watched him as he talked.