Chapter One

Well, if you're expecting a book all about me being "special" or "cool" or whatever you humans are expecting out of this, well, lower your expectations. Being a sub-demon working for Satan isn't really what you'd expect it to be. If you think you're going to get out of school, for instance, you're not. Even in Hell you have to learn stuff. Cruel, I know.

But I will say hell isn't as bad as people make it appear to be. Sure, it's hot literally all the time, and most people have to bear all of their sins on their backs for all of eternity, living their own personal hell. But some people that are there actually there just because they have to be. Some people actually are good people, forced to be in hell by someone else. Needless to say, Hell isn't exactly what humans say it is.

Hm... How about we go back to where it all began: high school. My "favorite" place to be (sarcasm).

#############

High school was never meant for me. I'm not saying I'm not smart; I actually used to be a straight A student. I just never got the social, "be a part of all the extra curricular activities!", "make tons of friends!" kinda thing. I just didn't get the point. I was never destined to make friends, so I just gave up trying. And no one else tried either.

So for the most part, all I did was either read or study. Essentially, I was the major nerd that never talked. It wasn't a bad life, it just wasn't a very interesting one. Unless you counted the bullies. They seemed to single me out, even over the scrawny kids with a whole ton of acne.
I was an average looking kid, but I was the kid that was so normal, I wasn't normal. So I basically got picked on by everyone in school, but Bobby and his gang of jocks were definitely the worst. Trust me, I'll talk about him soon enough.

What was also weird about my life was that I have lived with my grandmother since I was 9. Since my parents died in a house fire, the police told me that I should live with my grandmother, a widow who has seven cats, a parrot, and owns motorcycles. Now, most people would not initially trust a woman with seven cats and a parrot, but they let me live with her. Her and I always got along, and quite frankly, she was pretty badass with her motorcycles and antiques. I don't know, she just seemed to actually get me.

Now that we've gotten through all of the basis information, let's talk about the day that changed my life.