Chapter Five

When I penetrated the barrier, I immediately took flight into the sky. I look behind me, to see a pair of wings, lifting me up into the sky. I smiled, for all the demons were in awe of what had happened. I was assuming not many demons could easily pass through the fire barrier without hurting themselves. I then realized I was flying around like a maniac. Not only that, I couldn't control my wings. I yelled, my wings having a mind of their own, and sending me plummeting to the ground. Once again.

As I slowly got up, I heard a girl laugh up a storm at me, sounding like she was going to run out of breath from laughter.
"You think that's funny?" I asked in a husky tone.
"Yup. It's fuckin' hilarious." The blue-haired girl replied in an annoying tone.
"Do you want to mess with me?" I asked, walking up to her, clenching a fist in front of her face. I noticed that she only had one eye. It scared me for a second, but I quickly brushed it off, trying to act tough like Matt told me to. I quickly unclenched my first, revealing the claws that sprouted from my fingertips.
"After seeing how you fly? Not really. Your flying is shit. I can tell you're new, but you have a lot of potential. You're the first demon to be able to use your wings inside this barrier."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Do you NOT see everyone staring at us like we're freaks?" She asked. I looked around, seeing the majority of the people inside the barrier staring at us.
"Woah... I'm awesome!" I yelled. Everyone looked me as if I were crazy, then looked away, going back to whatever they were doing before I entered the barrier.
"I wouldn't say that. You're... You're interesting."
"I'll take what I can get in this place." I smiled, feeling special in a place of utter chaos.

"You really should. It's a war zone. But you get used to it. I don't know, I guess I kinda like it here." She smiled, looking around with her one eye. "It makes me feel accepted."
"Have... Have you ever felt that way before you came here?" I asked, which was probably a bad question. On one side of her face, tears were rolling out of her eye. On the other side, it appeared that she was crying blood from where her other eye used to be. She quickly stopped, and wiped the tears and blood away.
"I'll tell you another time. It's a long story." She chuckled a tiny bit, trying to hide her sadness.
"I'm sorry."
"It's whatever. Asshole." She laughed, punching me in the stomach, making me wheeze. "Next time, be careful about what you ask."
"Yes, ma'am." I giggled, bowing.
"I'm not an old hag. Don't call me ma'am. Ever." She laughed. We stood there in silence for a moment, and she quickly broke it. "You know what? I think you'll make it here." She muttered, acting as though she didn't want to admit it. She laughed, putting her arm around my shoulders.

"So, can you help me get all my classes scheduled?" I questioned.
"Well, I can show you where to ask. Follow me."
"Yes ma'am." I snorted.
"Fuck off." She replied, rolling her eye. We walked into the building, actually feeling I could fit in here.

Welcome to your new home, Sage.