Chapter Eleven

I walked into my dorm, after my sword fighting lesson with Petra. I saw Matt there, writing in some sort of journal or book. He abruptly stopped, and put his book under him.
"Hey, Sage."
"Hey."
"So how's your lesson with Petra?" He asked with a grin.
"Fine. She schooled the shit out of me though." I laughed.
"Yeah, sword fighting is her thing. She won't let anyone beat her." He told me. "I don't think she ever lost, even when she just started."
"Huh. That's pretty impressive."

"Yeah. That's how I am with my bow." He bragged, eyeing a bow at his bedside.
"Hopefully I'll actually be good at something." I groaned to myself, but apparently it was loud enough for him to hear me.
"Trust me, you will be. You just got to find your place here. You seem to have a lot of potential, seeing as though you could have your wings inside that barrier." He smiled. "I think that's a sign."
"A... Sign?" I said in the form of a question. He nodded, then picked up his bow, holding it in his hands.
"Yeah. Usually when something unusual happens like that, it means one of two things: either you're really strong, or you have an important role to fill here. Or both."
"Um... Yeah. There's no way I'm important. And I am not strong either." I muttered.
"You just got here Sage! You aren't going to be handed your powers! You've gotta put effort into unlocking them." He explained.
"I guess so. I am just impatient." I laughed. He laughed along with me, then out of nowhere, he shot an arrow right above my head, so close that the wind from the arrow moved my hair. I gave him a terrified look, as he started laughing.
"Sorry. I got bored."

I sat on my bed, and held the sword Petra gave me in its case.
"Hey, where did you get that sword?" He asked.
"Oh, uh, Petra gave it to me." I responded. His eyes opened wide, and his jaw dropped a tiny bit.
"Man, she's never that nice." I heard him mutter to himself. "Sage, I think that's the nicest thing she has done for anyone here to be honest." He told me out of shock.
"Really?"
"Yeah. I don't know, she's always mean to people unless she knows them, and she's never gave me anything."
"Huh."

As we had a short silence after that conversation, Petra and Zora walked in, panting, and blood all over them. Zora crawled into Matt's arms, and Petra went over and crashed onto her bed.
"Are you two alright?" I asked them.
"Yeah. We beat the hell out of Shira and Ursela." Zora grinned.
"Yeah. Those two sisters can barely walk now." Petra added.
"So let me get their story straight. Shira killed Ursela, and both of them are sisters?" I asked, trying to clear their backstory up.
"Yeah. And they are pure assholes." Petra replied. Petra grabbed a glass of blood, and chugged it as fast as she could, panting. Zora's breathing seemed to calm down, as she snuggled into Matt.

"Get a room, you two." Petra groaned.
"Well, technically we are in a room." Matt pointed out, giggling.
"You know what I fuckin' mean." Petra responded, pulling out what seemed to be a diary or journal. She unlocked it with a key she had in her pocket, pulled out a pencil, and started to write.
"Hey, whatcha writing?" I asked, making her quickly bring her book to her chest.
"None of your fucking business." She answered.
"Geez, sorry." I replied.
"You should be." She grinned a tiny bit, then opened her book up again and began to write.

I sat on my bed, not knowing what to do with myself. You had Matt and Zora practically making out on their combined beds, and Petra would probably beat the shit out of me if I were to disturb her. So I decided to disturb Matt and Zora rather than Petra.
"Hey Matt, do you have a book I can read?" I asked, as Zora rolled her eyes.
"Uh, yeah, I think so." He searched the drawer next to their beds. "Uh, all I have is a history book." He told me.
"I'll take it."
He tossed the book to me, and I read the cover; "History". The most generic name for a textbook. I opened the book to a random page, and began to read a page.

"This demon has the power to destroy both heaven and hell. If summoned, it has the power to send Lucifer and God into an eternal slumber (if this is done separately). Fortunately, this demon was sent into an eternal slumber, when Lucifer and God came together with the demons and angels, and cast him into an eternal sleep. The only way he is awakened is through summoning him, which is a very complicated process. But if someone were to possess the power to kill this demon, they would control the fate of both heaven and hell."

I was interrupted by Petra's presence, for she was jumping on my bed.
"What... Are you doing?" I asked.
"Getting pumped up for school tomorrow!" She exclaimed.
"You like school?"
"Hell yeah! It's where I can show off and impress everyone." She bragged, giggling a bit.
"I don't know what to think of it. I'm scared." I laughed nervously.
"I'll help you fit in. Don't worry." She assured me. She made me feel a little better about it, and then jumped back into her bed.
"Well, I'm off to bed." Petra yawned.
"So are we." Matt and Zora agreed in unison.
"I'll go to bed then as well. Goodnight everyone."
"Goodnight." They all cheered.

<><><>

I stood there alone, surrounded by nothing but emptiness. I was confused, somehow not knowing where I was. It was as though I was magically sent into an empty room.

All of a sudden, a demon appeared in front of me, holding a glowing sword. It was glowing all the colors of the rainbow, and it appeared to be extremely sharp. I gulped, staring at what was in front of me.
"Wake up." He said, raising his sword, making me scream.
"Wake up!" He yelled, swinging his sword at me. Right when the sword hit my neck, I saw Petra hugging me, shaking me and repeating "wake up".
"Huh?"
"Oh, thank Lucifer..." Zora sighed, relieved.
"What happened?" I asked.
"I think you had a nightmare." Petra told me. I was sweating, and Petra was drenched in it along with me.
"Oh."
"Are you ok?" She asked.
"Yeah. It just seemed so... Surreal..."
"It's ok. Nightmares are normal here." She assured me, rubbing my back. "Just go back to sleep."
"Ok..." I agreed. Everyone subtly went to bed, trying to fall asleep after that incident.