Chapter Three

"So, um... Where are we going?!" I yelled, barely hearing myself from the wind howling in my ears.
"Why, Hell, of course!" Abbie replied with an excited tone. "I haven't been able to be there for a while, I've been able to do nothing but scouting."
"Scouting?"
"Yeah. It's when students go around what you humans call "Earth" and search for more sub-demons. Like you!"

I didn't know exactly what to say. I was surprised all of this wasn't a dream, and I was just imagining all of what was going on. And I wasn't thrilled to be called a "sub-demon". What does that even mean? I'm not a demon, am I? I didn't want to be. I just wanted to go home.

"So I'm... I'm a demon?" I asked in a scared tone.
"Not exactly. I wouldn't know, anyway. It all depends on why you are what you are."
"What? What do you mean?"
"Well, you're marked for a reason. The only person that knows why you are marked is the devil himself."

The devil. THE DEVIL. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I didn't want to accept the fact that I was... "marked". But I felt that I wasn't going to get out of it. It's not like I could ask the devil politely to let me be normal again.

"So... Is there a way I can see him? The devil?" I asked.
"Well, I've already done my years of schooling, so I've already had my one appointment with him. Believe it or not, Hell actually has rules, schooling, and organization." She explained. "When you're done with your schooling, you get one talk with Lucifer, and then you're out doing missions like scouting, torturing, and Hell-raising stuff."

"Wait. There's school in Hell?"
"Yup. You learn all about torturing souls, scouting, and combat. And you actually make friends." She looked at me in her arms, looking as though she was observing me. "Hm. You seem too nice to be marked for sins. Someone must've forced it upon you."
"What?"
"I'll explain later. But you need to know this: at the school in hell, there are people of all ages. You are seperated by the ages you were when you get sent to Hell. So you'll be put in school with all the high schoolers and whatnot. So to fit in, I would suggest trying to act tough, maybe pick a fight or two. Although, you don't look like the fighting type..."
"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?!"
She laughed, giving my arm the tiniest scratch. I yelled in pain, for the scratch was engulfed in flames. The flames abruptly stopped, and the wound went away.

"Did you do that?!" I asked, rubbing where the scratch used to be.
"Duh. I was just proving a point." She laughed.
"Alrighty! We're here!" She exclaimed. I looked around, my jaw dropping at the sight.

There were screams of people, so I assumed that was just the people spending their eternity here for everything they had done in their life. But I ignored that, looking around at all the demons flying around in the air. They were truly menacing, a lot of them either fighting or breathing fire. On the ground, there were pools of lava everywhere, and what appeared to be a mixture of humans and demons. Some of what seemed to be humans looked off, as if there were different species of demons. Some humans had claws, others had wings, some even have no eyes. It was truly frightening.

"Well! Welcome to Hell, Sage!" She exclaimed, letting go of me, and letting me plummet to the ground.

Gee, what a warm welcome. Pun intended.