Chapter Two

"Great. Bobby is coming." I muttered to myself under my breath. Bobby, the main bully in our school, is a complete tool. It's like he has nothing better to do other than to make fun of me and make my life difficult. I'd love to think he has nothing going for him, other than to be a bully. But being the quarterback for our football team and being good at everything doesn't seem to be a very difficult life.

So yeah, he's the stereotypical bully, everyone.

"Hey, punk! Whatcha doin'?" Bobby asked, slamming my locker shut.
"Nothing."
He snorts, along with his posse behind him.
"Well, you're being a loser, as usual." Justin chimed in behind Bobby.
"Can't you all just leave me alone?" I asked.
"Come on, it's too much fun to mess with you!" Bobby answered.
"Yeah, you nerd." Adam added, slamming the books in my hands to the floor. They snickered at me, celebrating as if they had just won the lottery.
"Go. Away." I said, starting to get irritated with them.
"What if we don't want to?" Bobby asked, punching me straight in the jaw. I fall to the floor, as a huge crowd formed around me and Bobby. Justin and Adam disappeared into the crowd, leaving me and Bobby.

"Sage, I didn't want to create a scene, but I guess it's what the people want." He smiled to the crowd of students, then kicked me right in the stomach while I was down. I began to wheeze, gasping for breath from the kick. The crowd remains silent, minus Justin and Adam cheering for Bobby.

"Are you going to fight back, Sage? Or are you just going to take it?" He asked, kicking me a few more times. I started to get angry, angrier than I had ever been in my entire life. I was always told that I had a lot of patience, but I didn't know how much more of Bobby I could take before I had to start fighting back.

"J-just stop, Bobby." I pleaded, starting to pick myself up from the ground. He kicked me one last time, leaving be back to the uncomfortable ground.
"Why should I stop? It's not like anyone will miss you. Not even your parents." He smiled, knowing that my parents are dead. Bobby started waving to the crowd, only getting cheers from the jocks of our school. I got up, deciding I wasn't going to take his crap anymore.

I walked up to him, and tapped on his shoulder. Everyone gasped, as he turned around, and he looked at me with the most petrified eyes I had ever seen. Everyone screamed for some reason, everyone taking a step back, some people even running. It was as though I was an alien or something.

He looked like he was about to scream along with them, but I cut him off. I closed my eyes, and slapped him as hard as I could. I felt him fall to the floor, still having my eyes shut tight.
"AHHH! It burns!" He screamed. I opened my eyes, to see a small cloud of steam coming from his face. Through the steam, I could see claw marks engraved into his skin, the steam coming from the wounds. I took a step back, in awe of what was happening to him.

Did I do that?

I looked down, and looked at my hands, and screamed. My hands had claws coming from what used to be my fingertips. I looked in pure horror.

What... What am I?

"We've got to go! Now!" A girl yelled beside me. She yanked me by the arm, practically dragging me.
"Who are you?!" I asked.
"Abbie! Pleasure to meet ya! But now's not the time for questions!" She yelled, dragging me to the entrance of the school. We burst through the doors of the school. She let go of me, and backed up a few steps. I stared at her, as a pair of black and red wings tore through the back of her shirt. My jaw dropped, not believing what I was seeing. She laughed, looking at me.
"Man, you are such a human."
"Hey! What's that supposed to m-"
She cut me off, carrying me into the sky. I shrieked, as the ground became more and more distant. I stared at the school, watching it disappear as we floated over the clouds.