Chapter 4: The Institute

ALICE POV

Jace pressed the elevator button and ushered us in.

"You will be safe here." Jace confirmed. I looked at him questioningly, as if saying 'How are you so sure?' He lauged and replied to my expression.

"Please. You'll be in the same building as me. If that's not safe, I don't know what is." he smirked and walked inside. We heard yelling coming from the room he walked into. We followed.

"LOOK! YOU CAN"T JUST GO AROUND BRINGING IN RANDOM MUNDANES. THIS ISN'T A MUNDIE SAFEHOUSE FOR GIRLS!!!" a beautiful, tall girl with long black hair screamed at Jace. Isabelle. Jace regarded her calmly and began explaining the whole kidnapping story.

"First Clary. That was okay. Fine. She has some divine blood. But then the unconcious bloody girl and now these two!!!" Isabelle was barely controlling her rage. Wait, did she say an unconcisous bloody girl.

"Um, did you bring our friend here?" Layla asked, obviously paying better attention to the argument than I was. Jace barely nodded and gestured up the grand staircase.

"First room on the left." he told and went back to trying to simmer down Isabelle, and now Alec who decided to walk in just as we walked out. Oh god, I hope Claire was okay.