Chapter 6: Kisses and Confessions

CLAIRE POV

That night, all the girls stayed in the one huge room. We sat, crosslegged on the patterned  rug, wondering if we were going to make it out alive.

"Where's Nathan?" I asked.

"Crap! I forgot all about him!" Alice suddenly screamed in realization. Layla and I stared at her. The only time she's not thinking about Nath is when thinking about him was important. Go figure.

"With all the craziness going on, I doubt we could remember much of anything." Layla mumbled. We all nodded in agreement.

"Guys, the hooded person at the movies, the one who bumped into me?" I began. They nodded. I decided ot confess. "It was my brother." They froze. Shocked.

"But he's... gone." Layla whispered. He was killed in a car crash. We all nodded and sat in an uncomfortable silence for a moment.

"Should we tell Jace that Hodge is evil?" Alice asked randomly, the topic of my brother apparently forgotten. Layla and I shook our heads. We couldn't mess with that either. She looked at us ridiculously. It would spare them a lot of pain but we knew we shouldn't. A thump echoed on the wall of our bedroom. What? No one should be up at this late hour. We slowly peeked out the door. Jace and Clary were making out by her bedroom door. Aw. I mentally counted down. 3, 2, 1. The door flew open and Simon stood there looking with anger on the scene. Great, they were going to argue now. We gently shut the door. Alice and Layla climbed into the huge bed. We listened to the voices for a few seconds and I moved to flick the light switch off. The door cracked slightly open. It was Jace.

"By the way, I knew you were watching that." he smirked and shut back the door. We all exchanged glances and began cracking up laughing.