Chapter 7

*Joeys P.O.V*

I watched as the doctor approched us. I could already feel my heart sinking. He looked over to us,

"Family for Sage Purtio?" I walked over to him, my heart feeling like it was broken. I cared for this girl alot, and i never knew i could fall so fast.

"Th-thats us! Is she alright?" I spoke my voice quivering with fear. All he did was sigh. He flipped through the pages and read through her information.

"Well, it seems that her appendix has burst, and needs surgery. But she needs some blood." He stated, i felt my heart skip a beat.

"Whats her blood type?" I heard Pewds ask. He looked at the papers once more, and turned his head to face us again.

" AB positive." My head shot up, thats my blood type.

" I can give some blood for her. How much will you need?" I wanted to do this, for Sage. I needed to know that she would be okay. I would do anything for her.

"About a pint and a half. Is that alright with you?" I nodded in response. I wipped the tears from my face and walked away with him. I hated needles, but this is for Sage. We walked to the elevators and he pressed the 6th floor button. We went up, and stepped out walking to a room with a bunch of chairs with tables attached. I sat in the one he directed me to. He called for a nurse, and told her what to do and how much to take. I was so nervous. I saw the ladies reaction when she saw who i was.

"Hello Mr. Graceffa! I am nurse Jackie, are you ready to take some blood?" I slowly nodded and she gave me a sweet, warm smile.

"My daughter loves you ya know, she watches you everyday. You really do something good for these kids, making them smile." She smiled warmly once again at me, and it made my heart feel all warm and fuzzy. Then she pulled out a needle, and then walked to me, getting ready to take some blood. I closed my eyes and waited. Then i felt the small pinch of the needle going in, and within a minute, I was done. I felt better knowing that Sage was going to be alright now.

*Nicoles P.O.V*

It took a few hours, but by the time it was 3:30 in the afternoon, she was awake and we could see her.

We walked to the elevator, the nurse said she would be on the 4th floor, in room 329B. We said our thanks and went up. We walked down the long hallway after stepping out of the elevator, pewds was holding my hand. I knew she would want Joey to be here, but he had to go home. He was doing something for her at his house. She was going to stay there for a few days. We made sure the nurse had her laptop open and skype with him was going when she woke up. We stopped when we found the room. I opened the door slowly, and walked inside. I saw her sitting up with her laptop on her lap. . I smiled to myself, she slowly began to wake up, and started talking.

"My head just hurts alittle, but im alright! " She stated and looked around. She began to look confused and upset.

"Sage, hun, its me Nicole. Your in the hospital." I saw her eyes fill with tears when she didn't see Joey, i looked to the screen, and her skype wasn't even open. It was just a video of Joey on youtube, and an old one at that. I took the laptop away and set it on the bedside table. I sat next to her and began to tell her what happened.

"Sage your appendix burst this morning, Joey brought you here and gave you blood so you could have surgery. You don't remember passing out?" She just shook her head in response. I felt so terrible. Pewds walked over to her, handing her a teddy bear that he found and bought for her. It was her favorite color, Purple and it said "Get Well Beary Soon!" on it. She smiled and the doctor had come in, she was in tears, and she looked so upset.

"Hey there Sage! How are you feeling? If you feel well enough, you can go home. Your friend signed the realease forms already." I watched as she nodded slowly, and quietly began to speak again.

"I-I feel okay, can i go home?" She asked, she wanted to see Joey more than anything, I could tell. The doctor nodded and told us to help her change in the bathroom. So pewds grabed me Joeys shirt that he had left here for her, and i helped her out of bed, the doctor had left, and Pewds opened the door for us. We walked into her bathroom and started to undress her. She must have been in alot of pain, because she had her eyes shut tightly and her teeth biting her bottom lip. She still had her bra and underwear on, but she needed sweat pants and a shirt. I pulled the shirt over her head, and Felix helped with her sweats. Once she was dressed i put her hair up into a bun. She looked alittle better. We put her in a wheel chair, and went to the car. She fell asleep on the way to the car, so we put her in, buckled her seatbelt, and threw her wheelchair in the back. Off to Joeys we went.

*Sage P.O.V*

I missed him.

Joey wasn't there when i woke up. I guess i had passed out, and my appendix had burst. Well, talk about an eventfull day! I still had a killer headache, but it would pass. The lady at the front desk said i couldnt eat anything for a day, just drink water. I just wanted to see Joey.

"I wanna see Joey. Please Nicole?" I said, the tears returning. My stomach was in so much pain. I watched as we pulled up to Joeys house, my heart skipped a beat just thinking about him. I wanted to hug him more than anything. I wanted to smell his sweet, intoxicating scent. I felt my car door open, and someone picked me up, i closed my eyes once more, wanting to fall asleep. The person moved me inside the house, then I heard his voice.

"Oh my god, how is she? Did the blood work?" He frantically asked, worried about me. I opened my eyes slightly and saw him. He took me from pewds arms and stroked my hair, i knew he was crying. I opened my eyes more and hugged him, my arms around his neck.

"Well, we are going to go back to our house. Just bring her home when she is ready." I heard Nicole speak. Pewds kissed my forhead, and left with nicole. Joey had started to walk up the stairs.

"Joey, can we lay in bed and watch tv?" I asked him. He got up the stairs and opened a door.

"Of course we can, just tell me if you need anything." He said, kissing my forhead softly. I nodded and cuddled closer to him.

"Joey, the doctor said im going to need help going to the bathroom." I blushed and he laughed softly. He handed me the remote, and put me under the fluffly grey comforter. He got in next to me, and turned on the tv. It was cold in here, so we were cuddled up and watching Adventure time, my favorite show in the world. I think that even though i ended up in the hospital, today was a good day. I looked up at Joey and he looked back at me. I gave a weak smile, and he smiled back at me. I soon felt my eyes grow heavy, and my mind was telling me to go to sleep. I finally gave in and felt myself fall asleep in his arms.