Chapter 8

*Joey P.O.V*

I slowly opened my eyes, i felt my arm around something. I looked over and saw Sage. She was sound asleep. I kissed her hair, which was all out of place. I got up, looking for a pair of basketball shorts. I grabbed a pair and walked to my bathroom. I reached into the shower, turning it on. I was about to undress myself and step into the shower, when i heard something fall loudly. I turned off the shower, and i walked out into my room still in my boxers. I saw Sage laying on the floor, she was calling my name. She was crying, i ran over to her helping her up.

"Hun, are you alright? I told you that if you need me to help you then come get me!" I told her picking her up and craddling her. She just sobbed, i couldn't under stand her. I saw her mouth was bleeding. Oh no. She must have hit her mouth on the way down. I ran to the bathroom, setting her on the counter and grabbing a wet towel, and putting it on her mouth. It was beginning to swell like mad. She cried harder and I just hugged her as i took the towel off. The bleeding had stopped, but she had it all over her face. I just pulled her close and began to shush her.

"Shhhh, its okay your alright. Shhhh." I stroked her hair, and held her. What was she doing anyway? That didn't matter right now. I pulled her off the counter and helped her stand on the floor. She hugged me tightly. I wipped the blood from her mouth and she looked up at me. I kissed her forhead, making her give me a small smile.

"I fell off the bed when i went to get up, smacked my face on the dresser." She told me. I kissed her cheek and picked her up, carrying her down the stairs. I set her down on the couch, going to the kitchen for an ice pack. I walked back over to her and she was sitting there. I handed her the ice pack, and sat down by her. She layed her head down in my lap, and i stroked her hair. I turned on the TV, seeing what was on.

"Yu-Gi-Oh!!" She exclaimed, pointing at the tv. I smiled at her excitement, clicking on the title so she could watch it. I was personaly a Pokemon fan myself, but whatever made her happy.

"Hey Joey? Can we look at my stiches from the surgery?" She asked me curiousity in her voice. I nodded, carefully pulling her up and making her stand infront of me. I slowly lifted up her shirt, expecting a nasty scar. But nothing was there. No mark, no nothing. She must have heard me gasp, because she looked down at me, worry spreading across her face.

"What? Is it bad?!" She started to panic, I began to calm her down, but she was still curious.

"Uhmm, Sage. There isnt a mark or anything where your apendix surgery should have been. It was there earlier. Now its gone." I told her, she just looked at me.

"wh-what?" She stuttered. She ran to the bathroom, looking at her stomach in the mirror. I watched her cover her mouth and she began to collapes, I caught her and she just cried. I picked her up taking her back to the couch. I held her in my lap as she tried to speak.

"I-I'm som-some sort o-of fr-freak." She spoke between her scared sobbs. I just rubbed her back and shushed her.

"Your not a freak Sage, maybe your just a fast healer! You're definantly not a freak." I kissed her forhead once more, and she sat up. We both looked at the time. it was about midnight. Wow, we had been up for awhile now. I watched as she slowly began to fall asleep.

"Joey? I love our midnight conversations." she told me, then falling into a deep sleep. I smiled and thought, Me too sage, me too. Then my eyes grew heavy, and i fell asleep with the girl i was falling for in my arms.