02. ✧ little star

CHAPTER 002

" little star "

Honestly, it was

Honestly, it was.

As she reached the bottom, she looked around for her boyfriend, Davy Jones. She could have sworn her mother came up to her room and informed her of his arrival.

               "I thought Davy was already here?" Willa continued the search in vain.

Her father was the one to reply. "Not yet, sweetheart."

               "I'm sure he's on his way right this moment." her mother's voice was laced with hope.

Willa was puzzled. It wasn't like Davy to be late for anything; he was always the first one anywhere, actually. 

Figuring that her parents were right and something must have come up, Willa turned to her mother and watched the woman wipe away tears of equal parts sadness and happiness.

"Mother," she began but stopped as her mother wrapped her arms around Willa's shoulders.

"It seems like only yesterday you were my little baby. Now, you're all grown up." Mrs. Mendoza whimpered as she wiped some stray tears off of her cheeks. "Where did the time go?"

Willa gave her mother another hug before pressing a kiss to her cheek. "Don't cry, mom. You'll make me cry and, well, then my mascara would run and everything would become a big mess."

"We wouldn't want that, now would we?" Mrs. Mendoza feigned a knowing smile at her daughter.

Mr. Mendoza loved watching these little moments between mother and daughter. The two of them were best friends and, in a time like 1958, a pair as close as them was hard to find.

As the generation gap widened, it seemed as though Willa and both of her parents grew closer. Patting his sweet girl (his only child) on the back as she hugged her mother, Mr. Mendoza's smile couldn't have been any wider. He knew that Willa would be gone off to college in the fall, so these moments would soon be just a memory.

This memory was interrupted by the sound of the doorbell.

[paul mccartney voice] someone's knockin @ the door ,,, somebody's ringin the bell

also asshole davy is my thing if you haven't realized :-( jk jk tho he's a Disney Prince but ,,, i needed a villain at leats he's a cute one yk????

stay tuned!