03. ✧ who's sorry now

CHAPTER 003

" who's sorry now "

The family broke apart and Willa began buzzing with even more excitement

The family broke apart and Willa began buzzing with even more excitement. Davy was here and they would dance the night away at the prom! Then, they would graduate, go to college together and get married after they got their degrees. 

The rest of her life was all falling into place. She had a wonderful family and an adorable boyfriend. She figured herself quite the modern girl, she knew all the newest dances and listened to rock and roll. 

Willa's love of life was the strongest that it had been at that very moment.

It all went downhill as she heard her father begin speaking with the person at the door.

"Micky?" Micky was Davy's best friend. "Where's Davy?"

Micky was a tall and scrawny boy with big hazel eyes and a brown head full of grease. 

He was the complete opposite of his jock of a best friend and the sweet, innocent Willa. Micky was a '50s phenomenon: a greaser, your typical bad boy. 

Needless to say, Mr. Mendoza didn't like his daughter hanging out with Micky.

Despite that, however, the two unlike souls formed a sort-of friendship in that they'd look out for each other in times of need, such as this one.

"Sir, I'm here to take Willa to the prom. If that's okay with you, that is." he stumbled around his words. 

Usually Micky was a wonderful semanticist (though he'd never describe himself as such), but there was something about Willa's father that always had him on edge. Perhaps it was the fact that Mr. Mendoza was the judge at the town's courthouse. His word was the honest-to-god law. 

Even Willa found herself a bit afraid of the man from time to time because of this.

"Why? What's happened to Davy?"

Taking a deep breath and figuring that Willa and her family deserved the truth, Micky gave it to them one hundred percent. 

"He's gone to the dance already. With Linda Venne."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE HARRISON this is my monkees acc ik but

g e o r g e

xoxo