08. ✧ stand by me (epilogue)

BONUS CHAPTER

" stand by me (epilogue) "

"And that's my prom story." an elderly version of Willa concluded.

Her dark hair had turned silver with age, but her bright eyes stayed the same. They were trained on the couple sitting on the couch, looking up at her with smiles and entertained looks.

               "How come you've never told me that story, Gran?" Willa's granddaughter, Eloise, questioned.

Willa shrugged. "You never asked."

               "Hey, that sounds like something I'd say." Eloise's grandfather interjected from his place on the brown leather chair beside the couch.

               "I guess after 60 years, you've finally rubbed off on me, Micky." Willa's brown eyes twinkled with playfulness.

               "Is that how it really happened, sir?" Eloise's blond-haired date questioned.

Micky smiled and nodded, faithfully. "Exactly."

               "Wow," the boy beamed. "Hopefully Eloise and I make a memory as great as that one."

               "Chill out, Peter." Eloise teased before catching sight of the clock on the table nearby. Her eyebrows shot up and she jumped up, flattening out the bottom of her dress. "It's almost 8:30! We're going to be late!"

Eloise had clearly inherited her grandmother's tendency to fret about the little things.

Putting both hands on her granddaughter's exposed shoulders, Willa tried her best to calm the girl down. "No you won't, sweetie. I promise."

               "We've got to go." Eloise chewed at her bottom lip before grabbing peter's hand. "I love you two. You know that, right?"

               "Of course." Micky smiled, pushing himself off of his chair and joining the other three on the walk to the door. "And you know that we love you, right?"

Eloise beamed. "Of course."

She pressed cherry kisses to each cheek on her grandmother and each cheek on her grandfather. Peter then shook Micky's hand and gave Willa a hug. Then, it was time to go.

Sending them a wink and a blown kiss, Eloise followed Peter as he exited the house and walked to his car.

Willa and Micky watched them go, pride surging up inside of them.

They had come so far, and she had as well. Their little girl was growing up. As Willa rested her head on his shoulder, they watched as she opened the door but stopped and turned around, looking at them.

Her dark chestnut hair was curled to perfection, her pale blush dress was on, and Eloise Dolenz was more ready than ever to go out.

im rlly emo but im sure you're sittin there like ??? halle ,,, u good??

  im fine !! i promise !!!

i hope you liked this lil story it was originally written to be short and at first i wanted this whole long like in depth story but idk

that wasnt the story i wanted to tell?? if that makes sense???

so yeah anyway !!! peace out and #somethingnewiscomingreal soon

thats a long hashtag 

but ily everyone thanks 4 reading 

xoxo