3

Words: 1386

°•°•°•

1 year later
______________

It's been a year and I finally came to the conclusion that Carl - my best friend is dead.

"Look!" Kylie pointed,

There it was, out of the dark, a house, a big one. I nodded to her as we walked cautiously onto the front porch.

We were walking into a small town, just after I decided that after a year of searching and on my birthday; my 18th birthday I figured out that Carl is dead.

The porch made a eerie creaking sound as we walked to the front door. I turned the knob, and pushed the door, it wasn't locked but, something was blocking it, something heavy.

(AN: Who knows what's gonna happen... Tell if you know what's going on with the door and the house. If you know then I officially love u.)

I decided that obviously, it would be a lot wiser to go through the back. I grabbed Kylie's hand and we walked to the back. There were about three walkers a little ways away from the back door in a pile, with bullet wounds in each of their heads.

(AN: Still don't get it?)

I opened the back door a crack and looked in, there was no sign of walkers anywhere. I stepped in, looking around. It seemed like a decent house.

"It's okay, c'mon." I whispered, 

She walked in too, we both let out a sigh of relief as we walked farther into the house. We went into the kitchen, where a opened cereal box and a bowl stood on the table. I felt slightly confused, what the hell is going on? Is there someone here already? (AN: *cough, cough* HINT HINT!)

I walked to the living room, where the front door is and the person I saw was the last person I thought I would see, passed out on the couch...

(AN: U ready?)

"Rick?"

°•°•°•

Carl's POV
_____________

"Maybe we should head back, it's getting dark babe." Angel yawned, grabbing my hand,

"Yeah."

We walked back to the house quietly; not knowing if dad might of woke up from his recent coma.

(See? Ha! I got this shit bruh... Sorry, sorry...)

Angel took me on a walk after I completely freaked at my unconscious dad. It's just - after losing my only true best friend, I couldn't lose him too.

We walked to the back door and walked into the house. A girl sat criss-cross on the floor. I pulled out my pistol and aimed it at her head,

"Who are you and why are you here?!" I boomed, making the girl jump,

"I-i'm Kylie, I'm here with my friend Mariah, we came here because it was getting dark, please don't kill me, she knows that man." She said, pointing to my dad,

I dropped my gun in shock,

"No." I whispered in disbelief, "Where is she?" I asked her,

"U-upstairs." She shook, I began to walk upstairs,

Angel grabbed my hand, but I shook it off,

"Stay with Kylie, make sure she doesn't pull something." I ordered, "I need to be alone with her."