5

Words: 1371

°•°•°•

I opened the back door, and slipped outside, subtly making my way to the front porch. There were about 10 walkers. I'm not sure if I can handle them on my own...

"Hey!" I yelled,

Every head on each walker turned in sync as the began hobbling towards me.

I walked backwards, preparing myself for the worst. 

The first walker that stumbled up to me, got jabbed in the eye. The backfire? Blood in my face. The next two came, and I began to panic.

They're ganging up on me!

I slammed my knife into one's head, then the other. I focused on the next two. I grabbed both their heads and smashed their skulls together; conjoining their heads. The next four came on.

The last ones...

I felt my heart rate go up by a million. I threw my knife at one of the walker's head and missed, it darted to a nearby tree.

"Fuck!" I yelled, panicking harshly,

I turned around and booked it back to the house. I was starting to have a attack, I couldn't breathe and my chest felt like it was being ripped open. I looked down at my bandaged wound for a split second, seeing that it's bleeding, again.

Since I am so damn lucky, me being distracted by my wound, wound up with me tripping over a harsh split in the road, I landed hard on my chest, and I really couldn't breathe now. My vision is blurry and my face feels numb.

I turned over to see a inaccurate sight of the walkers. I began to scream, loud. I had tears stream down my face as I threw my fists to the hard concrete.

Wow, real mature Mariah...

One of the walkers landed on me, snapping and grinding it's teeth at me. I tried to push it away without accidentally slipping my hand in it's mouth. I heard four bangs ring out from a little bit aways behind me. The walker that was on me fell limp and I let out a siugh of relief. Rough hands grabbed my shoulders, and helped me up,

"Mar, it's okay." Rick's thick accent cooed, as I wrapped myself onto him,

He literally walked with me clinging to him like a koala, all the way back to the house. He laid me on the couch. I laid perfectly still, closing my eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep.

°•°•°•

The light shone through the trees as Carol, Jaqui, Amy, Andrea and I were washing clothes, well... I was learning.
"So, you rub the clothes against this, as it sits in the water, then, you put it up to dry." Andrea pointed out,

I nodded and looked around the water in the quarry. Just acrossed from us, Carl and Shane were catching frogs. I wish I could.

Sigh.

The water was sparkling off the surface from tghe sunlight and it was killer hot out here. The water shifted and the reflection if the water was singing in my face, I shaded my face with my forearm.

Andrea started this whole conversation about the things they missed, so I pitched in. I looked down at the water,

"I miss my daddy's crossbow." I giggle,

They all laughed, probably because they thought I was kidding, but I wasn't.

Ed, Carol's butthole of a husband came stomping over demanding an answer on why the ladies were laughing and telling them- no, ordering them to continue work. Said, "This isn't some comedy club".