Not What Was Planned

Roy's POV
I sighed as I stared out the window in my office. Hawkeye cleared her throat. "Sir? Is everything alright?" She asked. I turned around to face her.

"I'm not sure honestly Lieutenant." I mumbled. She nodded.

"It's that alchemist right?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah...I should be worrying about myself being in danger. But...for some reason, I'm not." I explained. Hawkeye softly smiled.

"Well, it's a nice feeling Colonel...caring for someone." She explained. The door suddenly slammed open. I sat down in my chair and watched as Fullmetal walked into my room.

"Afternoon Fullmetal." I greeted. He stepped inside and his younger brother Alphonse followed behind him.

"Mustang." He grumbled. I chuckled softly.

"Your report pipsqueak?" I asked.

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING A SHRIMP YA BASTARD?!" Fullmetal yelled. I smirked.

"I would say you." I replied. He only got angrier.

"Br-Brother....ca-calm down...." Alphonse stated, trying to calm down the older Elric. Fullmetal eventually calmed down, and handed me the report. Once he did, he sat back down on the couch after.

"Fullmetal." I suddenly said, breaking the silence.

"Hm?" He replied. I was about to say something about the alchemist running around injuring or killing other alchemists. State alchemists specifically. I was going to tell him to watch his back, or don't stay out alone. Hell, I would even tell him don't go walking around Central alone.

"Well Mustang? You gonna sit there all day?" Fullmetal asked, snapping me from my thoughts.

"Just...be careful from now on. And don't do reckless things." I stated. Fullmetal looked at me in confusion.

"What's that for?" He asked. I stiffened. Why was I telling hin that. Because I care about him...? Yeah. That has to be why. Right....? I nervously smirked.

"I'm just reminding you. Don't need you breaking anymore buildings." I replied. Fullmetal shot me a glare.

"Let's go Al." He stated before walking out. Once the door slammed closed, I sighed.

"Hey Lieutenant." I began. Hawkeye looked at me.

"Yes Sir?" She replied.

"I think I found out who I'm so worried about." I stated. She nodded. "Are you ever going to tell him Sir?" She replied.

"No. He doesn't need the stress...." I decided. She nodded.

"Then how will he be protected Sir?" Hawkeye asked.

"I'll protect him..." I replied. She raised an eye brow.

"Oh? And how will you do that Colonel?" She questioned.

"I'm not sure yet....but.....I will."

So, that's the first chapter guys! This is gonna get interesting XD. I hope you guys enjoy this story. This is gonna be fun to write XD. Bai guys! See you all next chapter!