Chapter 18

Day 5

The next day you were springing around the house and you felt fine- partially because your cramps had gone and partially because you finally got a cookie. Cloud being the secretly adorable person he is went out and got you one before he went to work and put it on a plate in the kitchen for you with a note next to it that read, "For my wonderful girlfriend x".

It was 11:30 am and you decided to phone Zack and see if he was at work. And he was. Bur you didn't get put down by this as Zack told you that Aerith went down to the church and that she'd love it if you went to visit her. So, off you went.

The weather was surprisingly warm as you walked along the paths of the streets. You watched people rash around you to get to the places they needed to be fore work and you could occasionally make out what each individual was saying as they passed by. As you continued your walk the voices started to fade more and more as you neared the church. This place always calmed you no matter what mood you were in. The birds that would occasionally fly past and the people seemed to be that bit more friendly and approachable than the citizens that lived around and in the busy streets.

You reached the large church doors and slowly entered the large hall of the church, "Aerith? You here?" you called out and heard your voice rebound off of the walls in an echo.

"(Y/N)? Is that you?".

You saw a head pop up from behind one of the wooden seats (I forgot what they're called) "The one and only~" you responded to the brunette. She stood up holding a bouquet of flowers and a watering can as you hopped over to her and gave her a hug.

"How are you, Tifa and Cloud?" She asked starting up the conversation.

"We're all good thanks haha. Cloud and Tifa are busy working like usual and Denzel and Marlene have gone to stay with one of their friends for a couple of days so it can get quite boring at times but still. OH OH and Cloud bought me a cookie this morning because he feels sorry for me! How sweet is that!"

You were in your own little world for a moment and then you realised you were standing with Aerith and tried to hide the fact that you were just fangirling about your blonde boyfriend by changing the subject onto Aerith and Zack. "What about you and Zack? How are you guys doing?" You winked and elbowed her lightly. She gasped and blushed at your words and you laughed at her reaction. "but really though how are you?" you said still slightly chuckling.

"We are fine thank you (Y/N). Zack is busy most of the time so I usually just look after the flowers here or clean the house."

You two carried on like that for hours and you decided to help Aerith arrange flowers until you realised that the sun was starting to go down and you thought that you'd better get back to the bar.

------------

You walked through the door to see Cloud back talking to Tifa about something but when Tifa saw you she gave Cloud a nudge and they stopped.

Cloud turned his head to you but he didn't smile, his eyes were dull and Tifa put a hand on his shoulder, "I'm gonna go and tell Aerith ok. I won't be back for a while". Cloud nodded and Tifa gave you a weak smile. She patted your head and told you to 'be strong' and walked out of the house.

"What am I being strong for?" You wondered and then looked over to Cloud who beckoned you over to him.
"What's wrong? Did something happen?" You asked.

"Today I... I got a call from Reno about Zack." His voice wavered slightly and it made you tense up. "He- Zack was... Killed this morning. (Y/n) I'm so sorry."

"What? No that's not true. It can't be right, Zack can't be dead. Cloud! Tell me that this is just a bad joke! I'm dreaming right? I just have to wake up!"

You grabbed onto his clothes tears were freely falling from your eyes. Your heart hurt and you felt dizzy, your breathing became erratic and your knees buckled and you fell to the floor in tears.

Cloud knelt down in front of you and wrapped his arms around your shaking body. You just continued to cry, you were basically screaming from the sudden shock. Cloud just continued to hold you tightly.

"C-Cloud...." You sobbed "why did he have to leave me..."

Cloud remained silent but he pressed his mouth up against the top of your head and you cloud feel his warm breath on your head which calmed you down a little but not much.

You both just remained on the floor for as long as it took for you to calm down. You ended up tiring yourself out from crying so much and you fell asleep to Clouds gentle whispers of comfort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guys I am so sorry for not updating! I lost my inspiration for it but I just got a little bit back. I'm sorry the chapter is short as well ahhhh. I'll make it up to you with the next chapter T^T

I hope you all stick around to see it! =^.^=