My time in the cooler

After I mostly recovered from my burns and broken back, I had to go to court. Since I did it for self defence and I saved 7 kids from a burning building, my sentence was cut to 13 months. I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't see my brothers or any of the gang for a little over a year.
All I could do was cry.

3 days later

First day in prison. Yay. I meet some other girls. They were about 5 years older than me but we became good friends. Saydi, Mya and April. We had each others backs.

3 weeks later

"Hey there is a new guy today. Heard he did something really bad and he needs special guarding." Saydi said to me while we ate breakfast.
"You gotta name?"
I quess the new guy came into the cafeteria because a crowd of people zoomed to the door.
"Dallas Winston."
I almost choked on my sandwich. I pushed my way through the crowd to get to the front. The girls followed me. Sure enough it was Dally.
"Dally!!" I squealed. I pushed the guards away and hugged him.
"Hey Ray. What's up?" He asked as if we didn't have half the prison starring at us. The guards had to pry me off of him and he was pushed away.
"You know Dallas Winston??" Mya started at me wide eyed.
"Ya. He's part of my gang." All three of the girls starred at me. I had the cheesiest smile plastered in my face.
I only had one thought that night. What did Dally do that was so bad??

The next day I was tired. I didn't sleep at all. All I could feel was guilt. Was Dally here because of me or did he just do something stupid. Probably both.
"Hey what's wrong kiddo?" Mya nudged me with her shoulder. She was my favourite. She was my cell mate also closest to me in age. She is 19 while Saydi and April are 20.
"Noth-"
"And don't say nothing!"
"It's just Dally. I mean he's been here many times before but he never needs this kind of attention from the guards. I'm worried he did something bad Mya. I don't know what to do." I cried quietly  on Mya's shoulder.
"It'll be fine kiddo. I'm sure he'll be fine. This is Dallas Winston your talking about." I quess she was right.
"Thanks Mya, for letting me cry on you."
"Anything for you kiddo." She smiled at me. With that we both fell asleep in my bunk.

I awoke in the middle of the night to chains rattling and keys being jammed into key holes. I was so scared. I didn't move. I was afraid I might wake Mya.
"Hey Ray. Raya! We need to talk!" The person said. It was Dally. I slowly got up being carful not to wake Mya.
"Dally how did you get in here??"
"I stole the keys." He said with a smirk.
"Let's go to the cafeteria. No one will be there. I need to tell you something." Little did I know what he was about to confess could me so bad.