Until Death Do Us Part {2Doc/StuDoc}

<< I'll probably change that title later. But for now, enjoy~! :3c And I didn't pick Manchester Opera House for any reason other than it was the only Gorillaz live performance location I knew off the top of my head. And I know about that "well Murdoc's an immortalist" thing. I just enjoy characters dying. They're like eggs, you have to break them. Hehehe. >>

"Oh no... n-no... no no no..."

2D was on his knees on the Manchester Opera House stage, the audience gone, the lights off, everything in the venue broken or trampled amid the chaos that had went on only a few minutes prior. He could still hear everything from those minutes. First the gunshot, the scream, the audience's screams, then the message that came over the speaker as the lights instantly dimmed.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Manchester Opera House regrets to inform you that the Gorillaz show cannot continue at this time. All lights have been shut off onstage for the mental safety of our patrons, but aisle lights remain on, illuminating the pathways. Please stay calm, exiting through either side exit, or the three exits in the back. Please do not crowd the stage or attempt to get onto the stage for the band's safety. Proceed outside, where a security guard will escort you to a safe location."

How did the woman stay so calm when she said that?

The singer's tears splashed down onto his jeans, which were already stained with blood. He pulled out his phone to use as a light. He needed to stay strong. He wiped his tears, his eyes falling on the time displayed on his phone.

It had been exactly five minutes since Murdoc was shot.

He turned on the flashlight on his phone, shining it on Murdoc's face. The bassist's eyes were almost closed, but he managed to open them more, and smile a bit too. You could tell he was trying, but he wasn't far from death. Though neither of them wanted to admit it, they both knew the gunshot to the side of his head would prove fatal.

"N-Noodle... w-where is she?" Murdoc coughed, trying to glance around, only wincing in pain and giving up on that effort.

"Security guards got her out. Or more dragged her out... she wanted to stay."

"I-I'm glad she's safe... a-and you are too."

"Oh god, Murdoc, this isn't about me! This is about you! I'm sure someone's called an ambulance by now, t-they're on their way..."

"... I-I'm Murdoc Niccals, from Gorillaz. I-I'm a legend... I thought it'd take more to kill me than a gunshot..."

"Murdoc, you aren't gonna die! Don't say that! I-I just have to find where you're bleeding, then put pressure on it, r-right?" He tried to be gentle, but just succeeded in jerking Murdoc's head around due to how nervous he was.

"Y-you bloody dullard, stop that, i-it hurts... I-I guess technically you are a bloody dullard n-now..." He laughed a little, coughing and groaning as he did.

"Murdoc, don't joke around! Y-you've been shot!"

"I'm gonna... d-die... why not try to make my last moments e-enjoyable? W-which... which reminds me... I-I... had something for you. B-but... first, I need to ask you something."

"What?" 2D looked at him, tilting his head.

"W-will you... marry me?"

2D frowned. "Murdoc, I told you to stop making jokes! T-this is really serious! I... I-I..."

"I'm... n-not. Check my... l-left pocket."

2D fumbled with his hands in his usual nervous manner, then reached into Murdoc's pants pocket. Couldn't do any harm to look, right? He did wonder why Murdoc wore pants to this concert, that wasn't common for him. He pulled out whatever was in there. It was a ring box, which 2D opened out of curiosity, and some excitement. Inside was a ring, of course, engraved with the words "My Singer".

"... I-I was serious... w-well... will you?" Murdoc looked up at him. 2D looked from the ring box to him. Here was Murdoc, about to die. There was no way 2D could deny him his last dying wish.

There was no way he even wanted to deny it.

"Y-yeah... Murdoc... o-of course. Of course I'll marry you." 2D started to cry again. He couldn't tell if it was from happiness or from sadness.

Murdoc reached up a shaky hand to wipe the tears, smiling, almost staring off into space. He thought he'd be stronger than this when he died. He thought he'd face death head-on, and go down to Hell a legend. But... he just wasn't ready. And he knew with certainty, there were things in life he needed to stick around for.

"Y-you... keep... k-keep the band together, alright? K-keep Noodle safe, and Russel... e-even if you guys don't perform anymore. And... a-and someday, we'll get our wedding. I-I'll make sure of it."'

"M-Murdoc... n-no, I..." They both knew what was coming.

"I-It'll be like one of those 'fairy tales', or w-whatever... a-and we'll h-have lots of blue-haired, weird-eyed c-children together."

"T-that's not biologically possible." 2D laughed, and was surprised to find himself doing so. How could he laugh during a moment like this? He guessed it was because Murdoc always found some way to make him happy. Even while he was dying.

"I-I know it's not... heh. I-I promise, though... w-we'll be together someday... m-my singer." He smiled shakily, taking a deep breath. "I-I love you, face-ache."

And his eyes closed.