Drabble

<< The first paragraphs will look awful, but please read to the end before judging the story and don't just close it and disgustedly unfollow, it gets better. I did this for fun, and because someone requested a certain ship, so... :P >>

Noodle and Murdoc sat on a bench in the park, Noodle's legs dangling over the side despite their length. They'd gone for a walk alone, late at night. Little sparkling lights lit the sidewalk around them as they sat together, talking. They'd lost track of time, not knowing how long they'd been there or how long their conversation would continue. They liked it like this. Alone, but together. Always together.

Noodle picked at a stray thread in her jean shorts, Murdoc still talking about some funny gig the band had early on. She was pretty nervous. Ever since she got here five years ago, she'd been nervous. Nervous around 2D, and Russel... but mostly around Murdoc. She'd never really known him too well until they began talking tonight. She'd always tried, but he was too distant, and she, too nervous.

But now was her chance.

She'd always read the common trope. The bad boy, and the good girl a bit younger than him. How scandalous it would be, especially in the public eye, them both as celebrities. But they did fit the trope quite well, as people online so often pointed out...

"Noodle?"

"Eh?" She looked up.

"You're staring off into space again."

"Hm... I guess..."

"What're you thinking about?"

"... just things..."

"What kind of things?"

"... oh, y'know... stuff..."

"Thanks for clarifying."

Noodle chuckled and shoved him. "You know what I mean! It's just none of your business!"

Murdoc laughed. "Oh, okay, okay... but I'm curious. You do that a lot."

"Well... I'm thinking about us, alright?" She looks away. "I'm thinking about us."

"... why?"

"You know, all those people, and all the things online... it's made me think about how we are in real life, outside of the stories. And how we didn't talk before now, but we talked, and I liked it... I like it... I like you..."

"... hm... you know what?"

"Wha--?" Murdoc leaned in close to her, smiling. "Huh?"

He held out a fist. "Friends now?"

Noodle smiled and hit his fist with hers. "Yeah! Best friends forever, of course!"

"Yep. Now, c'mon, it's past your bedtime."