One of Those Days {2Doc/StuDoc}

2D woke up to a sleepy groan next to him, and soon discovered why. A mysterious red stain made his white blankets look like the Japanese flag, and lying next to it was Murdoc.

2D gave a little sigh as he gently got up from the bed. It was just another week with them. Other men had their boyfriends and spent time with them, and 2D was no different. And he'd promised that no matter what, and through all the ups and downs of life and of transitioning and him being who he was, he'd be there. And he'd never failed yet. Wouldn't dream of it.

Soon, Murdoc sat up with a lurch. He gripped at bottom of the oversized shirt he'd been wearing and mumbled "It's one of those days, again." That was their sort of code for what was happening.

"I saw." 2D motioned to the blankets. Murdoc looked down, groaned, and flopped onto the bed again, pulling the clean parts of the blankets over his head.

"I'm sorry..."

"Murdoc, we've been together a year. You think after twelve times I'm not used to it by now?"

"Don't look at me... I'm hideous..."

"Oh, now you're just being silly. You're very handsome... come on, get up..." 2D tried to pull back the covers, and Murdoc pulled them back, sniffling.

"N-no..."

"... oh, Murdoc, you're not crying, are you?"

"S-so what if I am?!"

2D sighed and clambered back into the bed, crawling beneath the covers. "Look at me." Murdoc looked over at him, tears brimming his eyes and running down his cheeks. "What's the matter? I know it's one of those days, but--"

"It's more than that, Stuart!" He screamed, his voice cracking as he did. "Y-you can't understand how this feels... to be wrong. To feel flawed and invalid. No matter if you want to admit it or not, Stu, this doesn't happen to most other guys... the real ones. Most people don't have to spend their morning cleaning their sheets because their boyfriend bled all over them. Most people have normal boyfriends, not... f-freaks, like me."

"Quit it! Come on, you're the realest guy I know. You want to know why?" He paused, and Murdoc gave a small nod. "You had to fight to be taken seriously. You had to fight to even take yourself seriously! You've been strong all the way getting here. It's been hard for you, sure. There's been hurdles that've seemed insur... ins... not passable! But you've gotten through more problems than a little blood, we both have." He heaved Murdoc up so that he was sitting vertically. "So why give up now? And, if you're worried about me... Murdoc, I chose you for a reason. We got brought together like this for a reason! And I wouldn't trade you for the world, no matter what!" He smiled that genuine, goofy smile that Murdoc always loved and kissed Murdoc on the forehead.

"... thank you, Stu-pot... you always know just what to say..."

"Now, come on... I'll get a warm shower for you, and nice new blankets for the bed, right from the dryer."

"And then?"

"Huh... I was thinking zombie movies and ice cream?"

"... t-the cookie dough kind?"

"Of course."