Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Blake Adams

I contacted my mother through the pack link, urging her to come to Sunny's address and to bring Harold, the nurse of the pack. Quickly after doing so, I grabbed one the dish towels from Andy's kitchen and held it to his thigh, which had a large bite mark left by one of the rogues.

Andy let out a scream as soon as the crumb covered rag made contact with his fresh wound. I had helped him inside and he was laying on the kitchen table, all the papers that had been there thrown off in a rush to get him somewhere that the nurse could care for him.

Harold and my mother walked in just in time to hear his scream. They ran over and I backed away to let them access him. I wanted to get back out and help the fight but I couldn't leave Andy alone until I knew he would be okay, I owed it to Sunny.

Andy faded in and out of consciousness, screaming every so often. My mother finally looked at me and said, "Go! The pack needs you. He will be fine in our care." I nodded and ran out, shifting and just barely catching up to a rogue that was attacking Trevor on the outskirts of the forest.

The fighting was brutal, and had moved to the forest to protect the secret of our existence from being exposed to the humans. All my friends from school were doing well but I knew of three of our main guards who were reported as deceased.

I saw that everyone was handling themselves on our side, the rogues not having been prepared for the two town packs to join together. That's right. Our pack and Jason's pack joined forces, as the rogues did not care who was who. Our numbers combined overcame the rogues.

I ran to the pack house, which had not yet been compromised. As I suspected, my father and our top leaders, including Annabelle's mother, were in his office strategizing. When my father looked up at me, his face weary, he spoke, "Son, have you made your decision? I hope you planned to protect your mate, because we have lost too many lives to give in. Our death count is at seven already. We think we will win as long as the packs stay combined."

As he said that, I noticed that Jason's father and their pack's alpha were also in the room, and they weren't even fighting. All of this, over my mate.

I suddenly had a thought and asked, "Do you know what they want with her?" My father looked back and forth with the other leaders and sighed.

"Blake, it's bad. I don't know if you are completely familiar with her past. Her stepfather has some sick infatuation with her. He is clearly a wolf who killed his mate. He is obsessed with your mate and will stop at nothing to get her back in his clutches. We cannot allow that, for the protection of both your heart and the fact that no girl should be subjected to this sick nonsense," my father explained, and everything clicked.

"Sunny is safe, I don't even know where she is. Dad, we have to do everything we can to win this fight. I won't let him win it." My father's eyes twinkled when I called him 'Dad'. The relationship can get strained when he also acts as your trainer, and your boss.

He nodded and I left, returning to see how Andy was doing. He was unconscious and had thirty-two stitches, as my mother told me. I thanked them for helping and carried him up to his bedroom and put him on his bed.

All I could think about was Sunny.

(2016) Hey guys! So... It has been quite a while. In this time I have gone through many things but the most important part is I have matured. I was a brat asking for votes when I needed to just try to improve my writing in order to earn them! I am so sorry to anyone this upset.

This is very short, but every few weeks I will try my best to update! I cannot believe I came back to 4.5 Million views! You guys astonish me! I promise there will be less fashion talk and hopefully less name mix ups, and more raw material. Thanks so much for keeping with me this far!