Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Sunny Taylor

I walked to Angie's office quickly, keeping my face towards the ground and trying not to raise suspicion. As I walked to her desk she was typing furiously and didn't even notice me. I tapped her on the shoulder and she jumped, startled by the interruption.

"Angie, we need to go home. Now," I demanded, panic seeping into my voice. I looked around, feeling like there was nowhere I could find myself safety. Angie's eyes were wide but she didn't not question me. She logged off her computer, packed up her things, and we were gone.

Once we were safely in the car she asked, "Okay, what is going on?"

I answered, "Lucy was on the phone with someone and she said something about giving her more time with 'her' before she never sees 'her' again. Her has to be me. They could have found me."

Angie looked nervous and say anything. There was an expression of almost... Guilt written across her face. I questioned this.

"I... I might have called you Sunny when talking to a group of friends at the office. I don't know if that is was happened but... I am so sorry. I don't believe you are safe here anymore. I doubted anyone would catch my slip-up but I guess someone did."

Fear raced through my veins. I had dyed my hair for nothing. I was a goner. There was no point in hiding anymore.

"We will go stay at a motel for a few days, lay low, and see if anything changes. If they really are onto you, someone will question me about where you are. Just call into work sick using my home phone as we go out the door and then don't contact anyone else." I nodded and took in what she said.

When we got to her place I quickly gathered my belongings, including the paintings and Mittens, and called Lucy. It was a brief and shaky conversation. After we settled in at the motel, Angie gave me the phone. She told me that was how Blake was to talk to her if something happened but she let me hold on to it. I was only supposed to check it if I asked her first.

Four days pass.

I woke up the buzzing of the phone. I raced over to it, not caring about anything but seeing what Blake had to say. I read the text, my heart pounding as I pressed open. 

"Anthony is really hurt. Don't tell Sunny yet, but if anything happens to me, you need to tell her so she if aware of her brother's condition." Anthony had told Blake his real name...

I felt my eyes swell with tears as I picture the different ways he could be hurt. After he had saved me and protected me all my  life, I left him alone, to be hurt. I couldn't believe how self-absorbed I had been. 

I started to panic. Angie would be mad if she found out I had checked her phone, but I couldn't just ignore what I had just discovered!

Angie walked in, hair messy and in the same outfit as last night. Her face was painted with guilt as she crept in, and she seemed very surprised I was awake. I glanced at the clock, eight in the morning. I questioned her, "Where were you?"

"I was just... I can't lie to you, I was with Charles last night. I am having a lot of fun and I figured if you were locked in no one could find you. Only he knows where we are, so we are completely safe, don't worry," she said, trying to ease my nervousness.

I grimaced when she said he knew our location, but I had to trust her judgement. She walked in, taking of her jeans and replacing them with sweatpants. She started looking around before finally asking, "Where is the cell phone?"

I blushed and held it out to her admitting, "It buzzed and woke me up and I saw it was from Blake. I figured there was no harm in checking it, but all it did was break my heart. I am so sorry Angie."

"What? Did he break up with you? Let me s-" She paused as she read the message before hugging me, "I am really sorry about your brother, but your safety is at stake too. If you had freaked out enough to the point where you had replied, what would have happened? You could have possibly compromised everything! You need to be careful. They are bouncing Blake's messages around so the source and the destination are untraceable, but I don't have that kind of technology here."

I laid on my bed, wiping away the tears under my eyes as I continued to apologize. It got quiet and all you could hear was the sound of the city and my sniffling. I wished so hard I could just go back to Blake and Anthony and my friends. I regretted not telling them who I was all those times. I also regretted not doing more research into who Daniella was with and who had motives to hurt her when she died, but the answers were clear finally. She was in love with Blake, and Chandler killed her for it.

It broke my heart a little bit knowing he loved Daniella, but it also told me he was an amazing person, because she would never settle for less. She called me by Delilah of course so that obviously didn't tip him off of our relation to each other, but he had to have figured it out, right? Anthony had to have told him.

No matter what, I couldn't reach out and talk to him about it, and that was the worst part. There was no reassurance for me. I could only sit here and wait for the battle to end.

The battle of werewolves. That was still so crazy to me. How could they even exist? It explained a lot but I had so many more questions, but I wanted to save them for my friends. For Blake.

That night was one that I could never forget. Angie and I were sleeping in the bed when suddenly we both awoke to our door being kicked down, or rather, attacked down? It was a werewolf. Angie changed into one as well, ripping her clothes. She was a smaller wolf, which was interesting. If I had time, I would have wondered if that was because of her gender.

But I did not. Two wolves followed in behind the first one and I locked myself in the bathroom. I heard a lamp crash and was sounded like a whole being kicked in the wall. Suddenly, the doorknob was jiggling. I heard a growl and suddenly the door came down on my, that same wolf have hit it down. He changed, naked as Adam and Eve, and I saw who is was. Charles Weston. Angie knew he was a werewolf and still told him our location? I looked at the other two, tossing him clothes, and recognized one of them as one of Angie's friends from the office. I tried to crawl away but my entire body was rattling with pain and shock.

I cried out as he lifted the door off me, and realized he had probably broken a bone of two on me. My left shoulder had cracked and it was in an unbelievable amount of pain. He yanked me up and said, "No wonder he wants you back so much. You look even better in these shorts," motioning to my shorts. The hotel had no AC.

I flinched as he moved my along, stepping over Angie's unconscious body as he dragged me out. I tried to pull away, but my strength was no match to his. He pulled a cell phone out of his pocket and called someone.

"Lucy was right. It has to be her. She has the cat and everything." I glanced down at Mittens, who was peeking out from under the bed. I wanted so badly to keep her safe. "Yes, wire the money to her. And don't worry about Angie. She might not wake up for a while and if she does she didn't see our faces."

I cringed. There was no chance of help coming for me.

(2016 or whatever) Hey guys!

So I am kinda back. Updates might be once a month, or once every two. It all depends on when I have free time.

So if anyone wants to write a little summary of what has happened to catch everyone up and inbox it to me, they will get a fan and 10 votes on the story of their choice! If not, I understand!

Let me know what you thought, but please try to be kind!

Appreciate you all!

~�q?<3M