3

Cookie wasn't joking about me meeting the rest of the family. She hosted a welcome home party and invited all of New York.

"Aren't you going to have some fun or something?" I hear a voice say behind me. I turn around and stare at the beautiful being before me. "Isn't this your party?"

"Tiana?"

"Nice to meet you, Litany." She smiles.

"I am such a big fan of your music. I can't believe I am finally meeting you. This has always been a dream of mine ever since I heard Keep it Moving."

"Well, I think I can get Hakeem to perform it with me tonight if you want?"

"Yes I want!" I shout as I jump up to my feet.

"You are so adorable." She smirks. "I can't wait to spend more time with you, babygirl." She leans in and kisses my cheek before walking away.

I was stuck standing there thinking about Tiana. When will we be spending time together? Why did she kiss my cheek? Why did she think I was adorable? Why was she so pretty?

"I don't think we have properly met." Someone says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I do believe you gave me up, Lucious." I huff.

"I am still your father. I have paid all your bills and all of July's bills too, so you could live in a good house." He claims.

"Well, that wasn't good enough, Lucious. What I needed was for you to be a father to me like how you were to your sons."

"That was different." He says.

"Lucious, stay away from my daughter." Cookie demands as she walks up behind me.

"She is my daughter too." Lucious demands.

"Not for long. Litany is going to move in with me and get the real family you took away." Cookie says.

"I am?" I get excited. I have wanted to leave July's house forever, but I never had anywhere to go.

"I have custody of her Cookie. She isn't going anywhere, but to my house." Lucious smiles.

"I am not going anywhere with you, satan." I demand.

"You don't have a choice. I will see you tomorrow."

I wanted to protest and fight him on this, but the performance was starting. I sigh and walk over to the stage area. "Don't worry sweetie. You will be living with me." Cookie assures me as she heads to the stage.

"Before we start the show I will just like to thank you all for coming out to support my family in this celebration." Cookie says. "A few days ago I was blessed to see a face that I never thought I would see again. Come up here Litany."

I walk on the stage and stand next to my three older brothers. I still can't get over that. I have three big brothers.

"Litany Lyon everyone!" The crowd cheers and we do a big family hug.
I go back down with Cookie and we watch the performances.

The first to go up was Jamal. "This is dedicated to my little sister." He smiles. After he is done Tiana and Hakeem walk out.

My stomach fills with these little butterflies as Tiana looks my way. I swear my heart skipped a beat. She smiles at me and winks. I smile back and start to sing along with her.

****
When I get back home Judy is sitting on the couch waiting for me. "You're home late. They do realize you are still a minor, right?"

"What do you want?" I wonder.

"Have you told them about your cancer?" She asks.

"No, and I am not going to."

"I think you should tell them. There could be a match."

"I just want to get to know them first."

"You are going to get to know them pretty well once you finish packing." She says.

"I am not living with Lucious." I demand.

"You don't have a choice, Litany."

"This is not right. I have the right to choose where I want to live." I demand.

"He will be here to pick you up in the morning. I suggest you be ready."

****
Judy must have lost her mind when she thought I would willingly pack up and move in Lucious. I packed a duffle bag full of clothes and snook out the frontdoor while she was asleep.

I call Cookie, but she doesn't answer so I just stop by the studio. I walk inside and see Tiana practicing for her next show I assume.

I lean against the doorway and watch her. She was so beautiful. "If you keep looking at me like that we're going to get into a lot of trouble." She smiles bringing me out of my trance.

"Huh?"

"Do you like girls, Litany?" She smirks.

"I-I..." She cuts me off and presses her lips to mine. I arms naturally wrap around her neck as hers wrap around my waist.

"What the hell is going on here?"

I jump away from Tiana and stare into the angry eyes of Hakeem. "What are you doing to my little sister?" He demands.

"Hakeem, it's not even like that." Tiana says.

"It's not like what? Huh?"

"Hakeem just leave her alone." I demand.

"You stay out of this. Why are you even here? Go home."

"You don't have to talk to her like that." Tiana says.

"You know what? I will deal with you later." He glares at her. "I'm taking you home Litany. Let's go."