18

Litany's POV

To say I had the worst birthday is an understatement. We had to fly back home and nobody wanted to tell me what was going on. As soon as we landed the paparazzi was harassing us and then next thing I know we are at the hospital.

Dre runs over to the Rhea and Candace and demands to know what happened. I listen closely because I have no idea what Rhea and Candace are even doing talking to each other.

"Rhonda fell down a flight of stairs." Rhea says as tears fall from her eyes.

"Is the baby alright?" Dre asks.

"Yes, they're fine. She had twins a boy and a girl." Candace says. I smile realizing that my new niece and nephew share my birthday with me.

"When can I see her?" Dre asks.

"Rhonda didn't make it, Dre. She died in the ambulance on the way here." Candace explains.

Dre dropped to his knees and start crying. My heart ached for him and there was nothing I could do. He had just lost the love of his life.

****

Cookie holds Dre is her arms as he cries on her chest. It's been like this for hours and he hasn't worked up the courage to see his new kids.

"Laura?" Hakeem says. I turn around and see his wife and daughter walking towards us.

"I came as soon as I heard. I'm so sorry Andre." She says.

"I'm glad you came." Hakeem says as he reaches out to her.

"Don't touch me. I don't know who you've been touching on lately." Laura demands.

"Nice of you to come, Laura." Says Cookie.

"How's my big girl?" Hakeem asks his daughter, Aaliyah.

"Hi daddy." Aaliyah smiles as Hakeem picks her up and swings her around.

"I've missed you so much Lili (Lee-Lee). Hakeem says before kissing her cheek.

"I think I'm ready." Dre says. "I think I can do this."

"Do you need me to come with you?" Cookie asks.

"No." He sighs.

"Can I come with you?" I ask. He nods his head and I follow him to the nursery.

No surprise that Lucious was already there. I roll my eyes and stare at the window as Dre walks into the room. Two caramel babies lay in bassinets with the last name Lyon on them.

"I remember when you were that small." Cookie says as she walks up next to Lucious.

"You were so tiny because you came early." Lucious says.

"What are we going to do?" I wonder.

"About what?" Lucious wonders.

"Dre is going to need a lot of help." I sigh.

"He'll live with us until he can live on his own." Cookie says.

"So you do live with us?" I ask her.

"Mind you business girl." She scolds me and I just chuckle and return t watching my new niece and nephew.

******

Tiana's POV

Tiana's POV

"Hey baby!" I shout as Litany opens the door. Normally I would never come to her while she is at home, but I know her family is at the studio and I haven't seen her in weeks.

"Ssh." She demands. "I just put the babies down for a nap."

"Awwwe I'm sorry." I say before kissing her. She ends the kiss quickly and walks inside leaving the door open for me to follow.

I quietly shut the door, but I guess it wasn't quiet enough for the twins.

"What the hell T?!" Litany screams at me after the twins start to holler.

"I'm sorry baby." I say as I throw my hands up in defense. She rolls her eyes and stomps over to the bassinets in the living room.

She picks up the girl twin and bounces her in her arms. She actually looked pretty good with a baby in her arms. "Do they have names yet?" I ask as I plop down on the couch almost knocking over one of the bottles on the coffee table.

"Damn, T. You're going to wake up Jr. If you don't learn how to be quiet." She sighs.

"So Dre Jr. and..."

"Mae. It was Rhonda's middle name." Litany explains.

"How is Dre doing?"

"Not so good. He just works all the time and leaves me to babysit or Jaunita. He can barely look at the twins."

"You want me to stay and help?"

She lays Mae back down and then turns and smiles at me. "I want you to stay, but not for the twins." She says before sitting down on my lap. "I want you to stay for me."

"I'll do anything for you."