9

Cookie's Pov

"I heard you had a lot of visitors yesterday." I say as I sit down next to my daughter. I breaks my heart to see her so weak.

"Just Rhonda and Rhea." She lies.

"The nurses said they came in here and you were asleep in Tiana's arms."

"Why can't you just accept our relationship?" She sighs.

"Because you are a minor and I am your mother." I tell her.

"Whatever." She rolls her eyes.

"Litany, baby why don't we just talk?" I suggest.

"Talk?" She raises an eyebrow.

"I missed out on so much. I can't miss out on anymore. Just tell me about yourself. Fill me in on what I missed." I explain.

"Well I had braces in elementary school." She smiles.

"I can't believe I missed that. How cute."

"I punched a boy in his nose for calling me cute and then Judy grounded me." She pouts.

"I guess she should have known you liked girls then, huh?"

"Yea...I guess." She shrugs.

I was at a lost for words. I couldn't think of anything to say. "Mom, can we talk?" I look up and see Dre staring at me.

"About what?" I demand.

"I'm going to do the surgery. I don't care what Rhonda wants, but I can't let my only sister die. Especially since I haven't gotten the chance to get to know her yet." He claims.

I stand up and pull him into a hug. "Thank you Dre."

Just then the monitors start to go off. My heart starts to race and I turn around and Litany's body is shaking. "Her body's shutting down. We have to get her to surgery right now." The doctor says as he runs inside.

"Everybody out!"

*******
"I can't believe you would allow him to do this." Rhonda demands.

"I want to save my child." I tell her.

"Bye hurting another." She says.

"Dre will be fine, but Litany might not be so lucky you selfish bitch."

"Now is not the time. We are a family and we need to come together." Says Jamal.

"Exactly." Says Hakeem.

Rhonda rolls her eyes and sits down and I do the same. I slouch in my chair and rest my head on Lucious's shoulder. "Everything is going to be fine. I'm sure of it." He assures me.

******
Litany's Pov

I slowly open my eyes and smile at Cookie and Rhea. "Well it's about time you wake up." Rhea smiles.

"Shut up." I demand.

"Don't get her wild up." Cookie demands.

"Where's Dre?" I wonder.

"Don't worry about him. He's doing fine and he should be out of here within the next few days." Cookie smiles. "You just sit here and relax."

"Are you leaving?" I ask.

"Yeah, but I'll be back later. Rhea go keep you company." She says as she heads out of the room.

"The doctor said everything went good. You're lucky you and Dre have the same blood type cause nobody else is a match." Rhea says stating the obvious as if I don't know.

"I know this." I say.

"Sorry I was just really scared of losing you." She sighs.

"Do you love me?" I ask.

"How can you even ask that?" She wonders. "Of course I do dumbass."

"How much?"

She raises an eyebrow and smirks. "What do you want?"

"Can you just call Tiana down here for me. I need to see her. I just got out of surgery." I pout and put on my puppy dog eyes.

"Oh my lord, fine." She complains.

*****
Tiana walks into the room and smiles at me. "You look amazing." She says.

"Oh do I now?" I say sarcastically.

"Don't sass me. It's true. Last time I saw you were throwing up and pale." Tiana sighs.

"Well I'm all better now, but I need your help."

"With what?" She wonders.

"I can't go home to my family, T."

"Litany, you are trying to get me caught up." She says.

"I'm just tryna be with you."

"It's basically the same thing right now. I'm an adult and you are a child. Cookie and Lucious don't want me anywhere near you." She says.

"It sounds like you don't want to be with me." I sigh.

"I can't be with you." She says causing something in my chest to ache.

"W-What are you saying?"

"Goodbye Litany."

"Why did you even come? You should have just stayed away if you didn't want me." I demand.

"I had to tell you this in person. I'm sorry." She says as tears fall from her eyes. Why was she crying? She had no right to be.

******
Tiana's Pov

"Is it done?" Lucious asks as I walk out of the room.

"It's done. Now you handle your end of the deal."

"Nice doing business with you, Tiana." Lucious smiles. He truly was the devil himself.

******
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Stay tuned to find out what Lucious is up to.

Keep reading😄
Keep voting😊

I'll update again shortly and sorry for any grammar mistakes. I didn't proof read😔