19

Litany's POV

Today is my first day without having to watch the twins. I love my niece and nephew, but I needed this break.

"Hey Lit." Cookie smiles at me as I walk into her office.

"Hey." I sigh and plop down in a chair.

"What's got you down baby girl?" She wonders.

"I don't know. I mean maybe it's being around the babies all day." I admit.

"I know it's hard Litany, but when Dre feels better he will be taking care of his own kids and that's for damn sure."

"That's not why it's hard mom." I sigh.

"Then what's th-"

"Aye mom! What the fuck did you do?!" Hakeem screams as he barges into the office. I let out a loud exaggerated sigh and slouch even further into my chair.

"Boy don't you come in here like you paying the bills!" Cookie demands.

"You put Jamal on my song?" He asks at a much lower tone than before.

"Yes, I did and you should be thanking me because you needed somebody for the chorus." Cookie says proudly. I giggle to myself as Hakeem starts to throw a tantrum.

"Boy if you don't get..."

"Imma see y'all later." I say mainly to myself since Cookie is still screaming at Hakeem. He may be older than me, but he is definitely the baby in the family.

Buzz. Buzz.

I pull my phone out of my back pocket and see that Tiana messaged me.

Baby😻💍🔐💖- babe meet me at the studio

Me- yay!! I'm already here anyway

Baby😻💍🔐💖- I'm on the fifth floor

Something must be wrong with her because she ain't never texted me this damn dry before. Whatever, I hope it's nothing serious.

I walk over to the elevator and press the number five. One of Lucious's songs comes on from back in the day and I reluctantly sing along to it until the doors open back up. I walk down the hall into the room Tiana is in.

She is in the booth and I wave at her, but she doesn't wave back. What the fuck? She is really starting to piss me off. I sit down and cross my arms over my chest while glaring at her.

"Umm...B...can we take a break real quick?" Tiana asks. B nods and exits the room while Tiana finally graces me with her presence.

"Hey baby." She smiles and tries to kiss me, but I turn my face so she kisses my cheek.

"Don't hey baby me. First you texting me all dry and then you forget how to wave back."

She sits down and takes a deep breath. "I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean to be like that. I just-"

"You just what?" I interrupt her.

"I don't know how to tell you this." She says as her eyes start to get teary.

"T, are you breaking up with me?"

"No, baby that's not it. I love you. There's nothing I love more than you."

"So what is it?" I ask in a stern voice.

"I don't know how to say it. I don't want you to leave me." She cries.

"Oh my fucking God Tiana! Are you cheating on me again?! Who is it this time huh?" I scream at her.

"Litany, I'm pregnant!" She blurts out.

"W-What? You're what?"

"I'm pregnant. I found out yesterday and it's why I blew off our date last night. I just didn't know what to say." She confesses.

"You're pregnant?"

"Yeah." She nods. "But it doesn't have to change us." She grabs my arms and tries to pull me closer to her, but I push her away from me. "Baby, please don't leave."

"It's Hakeem's isn't it?"

"Yes."

"I'd rather you just be cheating on me." I say before running out of the studio.

*
*
*

I bang on the door with all might and when there is no answer I start to kick it. I hear some footsteps and then the door is finally opened.

"What the fuck do you want?" Freida demands.

"Just make me feel better." I say before smashing my lips to hers.

*
*
*
Sorry for all the slow updates, but trust and believe the story is not over. I will continue to update and I will try my best not to take as long, but I've just been busy.

I just started college and I moved to a new city away from my family and it's been a lot, but I'm ready to write again. Than you for reading and remember to vote and comment and all that good stuff.