5

Tiana's Pov

I wake up with Litany asleep on my chest. Last night was amazing and I could use some of her right now actually. I kiss her temple and shake her.

"Litany, baby wake up." I whisper. She doesn't budge. "Baby wake up." She still doesn't move.

I flip us over and shake her, but she doesn't move. I put my ear to her chest and listen to a faint heartbeat. "Litany!" I scream.

I jump off the bed and grab my cellphone and call the police. I go back to Litany's side and hold her hand. I kiss her forehead one more time before putting on a long t-shirt.

*****
"What the hell happened? What did you do to her?" Lucious demands.

"I did not do anything to her." I demand.

"Why was she with you? I told you to stay away from her." Hakeem demands.

"You knew about this?" Cookie demands.

"Everybody just calm down. I'm sure she's alright." Says Jamal.

"Litany Lyon!" Calls the doctor. We all rush to him to hear the news about Litany.

"Litany has leukemia and she needs a bone marrow transplant. Her body is weak and the sexual activity that she experienced sent her body into shock. She will be fine, but she needs to take it easy until she has the procedure." The doctor explains.

"She has cancer?" Cookie asks.

"Yes, she's known for a while now." The doctor explains.

I turn around and sit down in one of the chairs in the waiting room. How could Litany not tell me? She's known about her illness and hasn't said a word to me about me.

*********
Litany's Pov

My eyes flutter open and I see Cookie and Lucious standing over me. "How do you feel?" Cookie wonders.

"I feel fine." I tell her. "Can I go home now?" I ask.

"Why didn't you tell us you were sick?" Lucious demands.

"It's none of your business. You aren't my family." I huff.

"You should have told us girl. What if you died last night, huh?" Cookie snaps. "I would have lost you all over again and I don't want to go through that."

"I would have died happily in the arms of a good woman." I shrug.

"You aren't going to see her anymore." Lucious says.

"You can't stop me." I say.

"We will have her arrested for statutory rape if you see her again." Lucious says.

"You can't do that!" I yell.

"You just get some rest, okay. You have a big procedure to get through." Cookie smiles.

"What procedure?" I wonder.

"Andre is giving you the transplant. Now get some sleep and we will be here when you wake up." Cookie assures me. I nod my head and close my eyes.

******
Cookie's Pov

I want to punch someone or better yet kill someone right now. Two of my children are in surgery and there is a possibility they both could die. I just got my only daughter back in my life just to have her ripped away from me again.

"How is she?" Tiana asks. Hakeem and Lucious quickly stand their feet and glare at her.

"You need to leave." Hakeem demands.

"You will never see her again." Lucious says.

"I just want to give her these." Tiana says showing off the giant bear and roses she has for Litany.

"Step back guys." I say causing both Hakeem and Lucious to look at me shocked.

I stand up and walk over to Tiana. "Let's talk outside." I tell her. She sets the bear and roses down on a chair and follows me outside.

"Cookie thank you for not being mad. I really care for Litany." She claims.

"Litany is seventeen years old and she is my only daughter. You will not be with her. Ever! Do you understand that? I will ruin you if you go anywhere near her. You will be behind bars quicker than you can even get her name out. Stay the fuck away from my child Tiana and find somebody your own age."

"Cookie I love her." She claims.

"If you love her then you will disappear from her life. She needs to be focused on getting better not dealing with the likes of you now get out of here. This is a personal family matter." I turn my back to her and walk back inside the hospital.

"What did you do?" Lucious asks with a smirk on his face.

"She won't be coming around anymore." I smile.

"Andre and Litany out." Rhonda says.

"Where are they?" I ask.

"They are being moved right now." She informs me.

"Oh thank God." I hear a familiar voice say behind me. I stand up and turn around to see Judy bitch ass behind me.

"Get the fuck out of here you trifling bitch!" I demand.

"Litany is my daughter too." She says.

"You wish you could have kids we all know the truth. Rhea is definitely not yours."

"Leave her out of this Loretha." She demands.

"Leave this hospital Judy."

"Litany needs to know I came to see her. I raised her."

"You also raised Rhea, but that doesn't make her any less Candance's daughter now does it?" I ask her.

"Your sister never wanted Rhea and Lucious never wanted Litany. You need to be thanking me for raising your family." She says.

"Mama? What is she talking about?" Rhea asks as she stands behind Judy. "You're not my mom?"

"Sweetie I can explain later." Judy sighs.

"No explain now." Rhea demands.

"Rhea I said later."

"And I said now!" Rhea shouts.

"Maybe you should the her home and leave me and my daughter alone." I smile.

"This isn't over Cookie."