Chapter 3 - Nightfall

Erin's POV
That's it. He was out. My brother had to be dead for sure now. For all the times he's cheated death saving me, he has to come to an end here. These two people stopped me from running away and I was gonna attempt to escape until I saw the monster attacking my brother. I ran to him and grabbed the beast by its shoulders, viciously pulling it away until a loud ringing noise filled my ears. I quickly covered them as the rotters body fell limp to the floor. I looked behind me and saw this man holding a gun towards the monster, the barrel next to my ear. He then backed away and aimed the gun at me! Both the people now in the store, shouting something at me but I still had my hands over my ears and the high pitched tone hurting my head.
Logan. I remembered and ran to him, crouching next to him, ignoring the adults. I held my head to his chest, hoping to hear breathing or a heart beat but my hearing was still disoriented. I instead felt for a pulse on his neck. Phew. A beat was there, it was quick and soft but still there. I then snapped back into reality and began to worry about the adults now I knew Logan was alive. I saw the girl had his knife and grabbed mine.
"Erin! Put down the knife!" Ordered the man who was red in the face. Wait, how did he know my name? I hesitated thinking about what Logan would do in this situation but panicked when he began to stride towards me threateningly cocking his gun.
"Now!" Yelled the girl with a sort of farm girl, county accent. I dropped my knife in front of me and raised my hands, the man quickly lunging in and taking the knife.
"Look, we're not gonna hurt you or your brother unless you try anything stupid okay?" Hissed the man. I just nodded quickly in response, I definitely didn't trust these people. There was silence as the girl shut the door then got a chair a propped it under the handle meaning nothing could get in. The two adults then sat a few meters away from me and the unconscious Logan, both still with guns pointed at me.
"Is he alive?" The girl asked. I just nodded again.
"We'll have to stop here for the night, most of 'em should've passed my morning." The man suggested putting his gun back in his belt and so did the woman.
"Who the hell are you? What were you doing with Logan and how do you know my name?" I cried angrily. I normally tried not to cry in front of people, especially strangers but I guess you could call it a one off.
"I'm Maggie, this is my husband Glenn. We saved Logan from the herd of walkers out there, he would've made it into the store without getting bit or scratched if we wouldn't have saved him and Logan told us your name." Said the woman quickly and quietly making her hard to hear over the groans coming from outside but I think I managed to hear everything. I didn't know what to say. I was frozen in place, clutching onto Logan hoping he would wake up and help me.
"You should get some rest, gotta big day tomorrow." Said Glenn opening a bag Maggie had on her back and pulling out a thin blanket.
"What d'ya mean?" I scowled back at them as Glenn lay out the blanket and lay down, making himself comfy.
"Just get some sleep. Logan'll be awake by tomorrow morning and we'll explain then when both of you are conscious." Maggie smiled, making herself comfy too next to Glenn.
"So what, you're just gonna fall asleep with two strangers in the room with your weapons and supplies on show and 'walkers' as you call them tryna get in from every side of this place?" I scoffed. They both just shrugged and cuddled up to each other. They seemed asleep but probably weren't and I was sure as hell not going to sleep with Logan unconscious and two complete strangers that have all our weapons in the room, now that would be stupid.
So for the whole night I just sat next to Logan not daring to lie down incase I accidentally closed my eyes and dozed off. My eyes stung from weariness but I had to keep them open and stay awake, I couldn't let my guard down. The night went on for what seemed like forever. Maggie and Glenn had to be asleep, there's no way they would have faked it for as long as they did. I could take my chance and steal their stuff before they woke up bit there was always that chance of getting caught. I know I'm a coward, I told myself that everyday minute of everyday but I guess time will tell what Glenn and Maggie had in store for the Harmon siblings.