3 | It's Been A While

Rose stood outside of Padmé's apartment as she waited for her to be done with unpacking.

Once Padmé stepped out, she smiled. "Forgive me."
"Don't apologize, Milady." Rose said to her as they began to walk. "You weren't notified before-hand coming here."
"I'm grateful you understand."

Once they arrived to the Temple, they spotted Master Windu standing near the window. Yoda sat on his hovering seat beside him, his ears twitching to the sound of the sliding doors.
"Master Windu, I have come to thank you for allowing me to stay here on Coruscant."

"It is nothing major, Milady." He said to the Senator.

"Enjoy your stay, I hope." Yoda said, causing Padme to smile.

"Not that I'm excited for your presence, Milady... But why are you here?" Rose asked.
Master Windu looked towards Rose as if he had an object to her question.
"I've come to the fact that the Empire is rising."

Rose froze. She knew that word.

Empire.

"The Empire has risen?" Rose asked, confused. Why hadn't the Council mentioned it to her?

"We will have a meeting with the Jedi Council once Obi-Wan and Anakin arrive back to Coruscant." Mace Windu said to the young one. "I advise that you send Senator Amidala for a meal as she waits."
Rose could sense the tension in Master Windu towards her. "Yes, Master."

Rose stood near the doors as Padmé sat and ate the meal she had been given. Rose was too worried to eat; in fact, she felt sick.
"I don't understand." She muttered.
Padmé had heard, and she looked up at her. "What is it?"
"I don't understand why the Council haven't told me that the Empire has risen."
Padmé smiled. "Try not to worry about it. They may not have wanted to tell anyone until the whole Council was back."

Maybe she was right. But what did this mean for the Jedi?

She inhaled before placing her arms over her chest. "I just wish to be more involved, is all."
"Don't worry, Rose." Padmé said. "You haven't been forgotten."

Rose's eyes shot towards the window on the other side of the room as a large ship lowered towards the stripping platform.

She looked towards Padmé confusedly, and she smiled.

As she ran towards the window, she watched as three male figures exited the ship, and were engulfed by several creatures and Jedi from the Temple and Council. One with long hair stuck out to her the most.

                                    ***

Anakin listened along as creatures began to speak to him and Obi-Wan. He was even greeted by the younglings that Yoda taught, causing him to smile.
"Chancellor Palptaine, are you alright?" Mace Windu asked.
Sheev Palpatine nodded slightly. "Yes, if it weren't for your two brave Jedi Knights. But unfortunately, General Grievous has escaped once again."
Mace responded. "General Grievous will run and hide as he always does. He's a coward."

Anakin's eyes caught a glimpse of a figure near his right, and turned to see Senator Amidala.
"Padmé?" He asked as her arms embraced him.
She smiled. "Are you surprised to see me?"
"I'd say yes, but no.. I'm not." He chuckled as he hugged his dear friend back.

Obi-Wan stood back on the ship, and it took him out of Coruscant. He chuckled to himself as he remembered his and Obi-Wan's conversation before.

Anakin focused back on Padmé as she whispered something in his ear.
"She's waiting for you."
He pulled away, smiling. "Thank you, Milady."

Bail Organa walked towards Anakin and bowed. "Skywalker, the Republic cannot praise you enough."
"Thank you, Senator Organa." Anakin said politely. The kidnapping was a bold move by the separatists, but it was a mistake that Obi-Wan and I were able to take advantage of."
"The end of Count Dooku will surely bring an end to this war. and an end to the Chancellor's draconian security measures."
"I wish that were so, but the fighting is going to continue until General Grievous is spare parts."

Anakin stopped for a second as a figure lurked near them in the shadows, just behind a large wall. He contained himself from smiling. "The Chancellor is very clear about that."
"I'll do everything I can with the Senate."
Anakin held his hand up politely. "Excuse me."
"Certainly."

Once Bail had caught up with the other members, Anakin turned quickly, and bolted for the waiting Rose; who held her arms open with a smile on her face.
She let out a breathy laugh as Anakin swooped her up, and spun her around. She hadn't let go as he kissed her forehead.
"You're back." She whispered, closing her eyes as she held to him tightly.
"I've missed you so." He whispered, wanting to kiss her, but he didn't know if she'd want that.
"It's been so long, I was afraid you had gotten hurt."
Anakin smiled. "I'm alright. It feels like we've been apart for a lifetime."

"But you're here now." She whispered. "And we have another lifetime to be together, to make up for what we've lost."

Anakin nodded in agreement, only to hold her close again, not wanting to let go of her.