5 | Lost Time

Rose hadn't been so content in years once she started training with Anakin. They had the chance to bond, and talk about things that happened after he had left.

"You mean that Yoda actually fought against Master Windu in a practice duel?"
Rose laughed. "That's exactly what I said. It indeed was a great match, Yoda won."
"Well of course." Anakin grinned as the two's lightsabers collided. "He is a Grand Master Jedi."

"Master Windu had great moves, though." Rose admitted. "But I was rooting for Yoda."
Anakin laughed.

Once the two quit, they deactivated their lightsabers. Anakin placed his in the loop on his belt, looking back at Rose.
"Your training is very encouraging." He confessed. "You've learned so much, and your strength is exhilarating."

Rose smiled. "The same to you."

Anakin seemed as if her were nervous. "If you don't mind me asking if you'd like to go to the balcony with me,"
Rose didn't say anything as she followed him towards the balcony way. The lights of Coruscant were beginning to dim, addressing to night.

"Being away, it affected me." Anakin soon spoke.
Me too, Rose thought.
"I wasn't able to sleep often.. I felt that I was drowning in my own sorrow."
Rose stared at him.
"And now that I'm back here... With you."
Rose's heart began to race as he stared into her eyes.

"To see you laugh, and to see you smile."
Tears formed in her eyes as she smiled.
He reached out and grabbed a strand of her hair. "To feel how close you are to me."
"I haven't stopped thinking about you ever since we parted."

"You aren't the only one it put an affect on." Rose whispered.
Anakin extended his hand, and wiped the stray tears away from her warm cheeks. She closed her eyes as she stared at her, frowning.

"You were all that I could think about." She said, opening her eyes. "Not a single day went by where I wasn't thinking about you."
Anakin didn't say anything as he grabbed her hand. She looked up at him, examining the scar over the side of his face.

"And to not be there whenever you got this." She laughed, her fingers tracing over the lined scar. He smiled faintly, still staring at her.
"And to not be close to you, was like a piece of me was missing." Rose cried. "It hadn't stopped until you came back."

Anakin couldn't say anymore as he hugged her tightly, trying to hold back tears of his own. What Rose didn't know, was that she is the love of his life.
The girl who stood before him was the same, beautiful young girl he had grown up with. The same girl who taught Anakin how to be a better person; how to love.

"And there's something you should know." Rose said, her hand against his chest. "Ever since the day I met you, that instant, I knew I was in love with you. I never said anything because attachment is forbidden to the Jedi, and I didn't know if you'd act the same way as them."
Anakin stared at her.
"And I don't care anymore that it's a secret that I love you, or our age difference. I just love you."

Anakin was gaping. "You mean that?"
She nodded. "I am in love with you, Anakin."
Anakin said nothing else as he grabbed Rose's face, and pressed his lips to hers. The way their lips moved in sync so passionately left chills down both of their spines.

"I love you, Rose." Anakin whispered. "I want you forever."

Rose nodded as she closed her eyes, her arms wound around his neck. "I'm yours."