7 | Advice and Missions

Rose waited for Obi-Wan to arrive to the Temple, hoping it would be quick. Once he appeared, she stood and bowed to him.

"Master Obi-Wan, thank you for coming." She said. "I was wondering if I could ask for your help."
"I'll do what I can." He said. "What is it?"
Rose looked down at the floor as her head ached. "I'm just so worried about.. someone."

Obi-Wan's eyes met hers, and she forced herself not to let tears fall. "Rose, is this someone Anakin?"
She nodded slightly.

Obi-Wan stroked his beard. "He been acting strange, hasn't he? I can sense it."
"I don't understand why." She whispered. "It's like he's keeping a secret."
"No." Obi-Wan said. "There's something that's bothering him. Not a secret."

Rose rubbed her face as she felt her heart ache. "He isn't the same." She cried. "He's so full of mystery and darkness, I can feel it every time I'm around him. Yet I keep holding on because I love him."
Obi-Wan frowned faintly as he looked at her. "Do not forget that something like this can strain your thoughts; and they will betray you."

She looked up at Anakin's master. "Thank you, for being her for Anakin and I. I'm grateful, Obi-Wan."
Hugging him tightly, he smiled.

Padmé Amidala stood near the corridor walk-way, watching the whole thing.

***

Rose stood on the balcony of her and Anakin's apartment in her night gown, the soft wind blowing through her short hair.

Anakin appeared in the Veranda, and she walked towards him as he sat on the sofa. She placed her hand to his cheek, sitting gently on his lap.

"How are you feeling?" She asked as her fingers ran through his thick hair.
"I'm feeling alright," he answered. "now that I'm with you."
Pressing his lips to hers, she wrapped her arms around him tightly. He let out a content sigh as he calmed his nerves.

"I hate seeing you so afraid." She said.
"I'm not afraid." He told her in a calm tone.
"Then why won't you talk to me about it?" She asked.

"Because it's nothing." He answered. "Just let it go."

She pulled away, turning away from him and he sighed. "Forgive me, I'm just tired is all."
"I'll go get you something to drink." She said, walking away. Anakin placed his face in his hands and exhaled.

Rose felt tears brim her eyes as she poured him water, wiping them away as she walked into their bedroom where he had disappeared to.

"I have to run to the Opera House, I'll be back in a little while."
Rose closed her eyes as Anakin pressed his lips to her forehead, walking past her and out the sliding doors. She sat down on the bed, allowing her tears to fall.

She was losing him. He had turned to mysterious like, even something she'd hate to admit.

Dark.

She held the chain he had given her years back in her hands as she stared down at the piece of metal from a Pod Racer he had made back when he was young. She remembered the bright and happy times she had seen him smile the most.

"Oh, Anakin." She whispered. "Don't leave me."
She squeezed the metal before placing it onto her bedside, laying back. She calmed her tensed muscles before relaxing completely enough to fall asleep.