Forty Seventh Dose: Wish

Riza is busy on unpacking his kuya's luggage. He just got home from a vacation, a well needed vacation. RJ on the other hand is playing with his boys — Philip and Globie, he missed them big time.

"kuya." she shouted out before sitting beside him.

RJ gave him an inquiring look as he cuddle Philip, Globie is tugging his pants.

"ano kasi..." she said playing with the hem of her shirt. "uhm."

"Riza." his voice was authoritative enough to make her look at him.

"alis ako mamaya ah." she uttered cautiously looking over RJ's shoulder.

He shook his head, until now Riza is still having a hard time on asking permission. "ok basta wag papagabi kundi kukutusan ko yang boyfriend mo." he replied with a chuckle, "anong oras ka ba susunduin ni Daryl?"

"yun na nga kuya eh." she mumbled before heaving out a deep sigh, "I'm not going out with Daryl tonight."

"why??" he asked with furrowed eyebrows, "nag-break na ba kayo? Aba gago yun ah! Sabi niya—"

"kuya kalma." Riza interrupted, "ang OA mo naman."

"ayusin mo kasi!" he hissed letting the dogs go, "ako napapraning sayo eh."

"ang sabihin mo ang worrywart mo kasi." Riza insisted.

"eh kasi naman! Ano ba yung sasabihin mo ha? Sino ba kasama mo?"

"si ano." Riza bite her lip, she's thinking if she should say it or not.

"sino?" she chews her lip once more. RJ is getting impatient, "ano ba Riza? Don't tell you're cheating on your boyfriend kaya iba kasama mo mamaya."

"kuya naman! You know I can't do that. Mahal ko yung gagong yun." she explained, dropping whatever crazy idea her older brother is having.

"so ano? barkada? Alam mo namang papayagan kita eh. I know them for the longest time, you don't have to become wary." he said flopping down on the couch. "no need to prolong it. Sige na, you can go basta mag-ingat."

"no kuya. I'm going with..." Riza bowed her head and played with her feet. "ate Maine."

"with w-whom?" he asked, but he heard it clearly he just wanted to try his luck and make himself believe that Riza didn't mumbled her name, that his heart didn't sink when his younger sister said her name again.

"kuya..." Riza looked at him as if what she just stated was her life's biggest mistake.

"D-did you... I mean..." RJ said, trying to gather all his wits back. "kelan pa?"

"last week." Riza replied, "she called, nagulat din ako eh. We didn't hear from her for almost 2 years tapos..."

"bakit daw?" he asked calmly despite the fact that his air passage is starting to tighten up.

"she wanted to see me." Riza answered, her eyes started to water as she saw the sadness that her brother's eyes hold, "aalis na raw kasi siya ng Pilipinas, for good kasi yung—"