Twenty Eighth Dose: Weary

When its a day supposed to be filled with laughter and smile but you're there worrying about something. The whole episode of Kalyeserye, Alden noticed that Maine's eyes lost its glow and it bothers him. He tried his best to make her laugh of course, she laughed. Yes, she is smiling but you know that it's not the genuine smile of hers. He tried asking her after the Kalyeserye but she just told him it's nothing and he don't have to worry pero syempre si Alden yun simpleng simangot niya lang big deal na, magkaroon lang siya ng gasgas napa-praning na, mapansin lang nun na hindi siya umiimik mag-aalala na ng sobra. Alam ni Maine na kahit anong sabi niya na ok lang siya di mapapakali si Alden, ang problema kahit gusto niya sabihin kay Alden kung anong problema siya mismo hindi na malaman kung bakit ba siya nagkakaganoon. She can't figure out what's wrong with her. Why all of the sudden she's feeling weary about something and that something is the one she can't even pinpoint.

"dito na tayo." Direk Patchie's voice snapped her back to reality. "ayos ka lang ba talaga?"

"siguro." she mumbled and gather her things.

Direk Patchie just sighed and helped her. "just tell me if you need something."

She just smiled, a fake one. "thank you."

Maine is still set to do a lot of things after EB. May photoshoot pa siya for a magazine pero yung katawan niya suko na. For some reason she just wants to lock herself inside her room (and Coleen's) in Bulacan and sleep for the rest of the day. Maybe that what she needs to wash all the stuffs she's feeling at the moment unfortunately she can't and she can't do anything about it. Alden on the other hand is also busy about his endorsement shoot but he's mind is very much occupied of what's really bothering Maine.

"nakabusangot ka, may problema?" Sam his handler asked.

"si Meng kasi eh."

"oh? bakit nag-away kayo?"

Alden shook his head. "para kasing may problema siya kaya lang nung tinanong ko naman sabi niya wala raw but I know she's not ok. It's pretty obvious."

"baka naman pagod lang. Don't think too much." Sam stated to ease what's bothering him. "wag ka mag-alala tatanungin ko si Pat."

"salamat."

Time check: 10:00 pm

Hindi talaga mapakali si Alden hangga't di niya nalalaman kung ano ba talagang problema so instead of driving himself to Laguna here he is infront of the Mendozas. It's not his first time here, he's been in this household for many times already. He's been sending her messages but he doesn't get any reply at all and she's not picking up his phone calls. Who wouldn't get rattled right?

Niki was the one who welcomed him when he entered their house he was greeted by Maine's parents, as always, with those sincere smile on their faces. Nico and Dean gave him a brotherly hug while Coleen excuse herself and went upstairs to call Maine, who's by the way is sleeping soundly.

"what?" she irritably asked. "stop playing games with me."

"I'm not." Coleen countered. "nasa baba nga kasi si Alden."

"are you kidding me? Gabi na kaya, hindi yun pupunta rito."

"mukha ba akong nagbibiro Meng? I'm telling you he's here."

"ano namang nakain nun?" she murmured.

Coleen handed her phone. "ngayon mo tanungin kong anong nakain nun."