Load Data 18: Tomorrow For The World of Yesterdays

I thought the BAD END was no longer the future that awaits me. I thought that it would lead to the TRUE END. I had been defied by them till the very end and I was sure what awaits is a future that should have been for them...

.... I was wrong. This path has been set. Nothing can change the ending. Nothing. Yggdrasil was too strong. In this word where the future hold only one path, we could only walk on it awaiting our despair...

Such is the cruelty of the reality I was faced in.

....

Feeling light-headed, I dropped myself to the floors on my rear only to earn a shock cry of worry from the Maiden of All Worry Wart who came running towards me. Honestly, does this girl not know the limits of worrying over a friend?

"Izzy!! Are you okay?!", with a white glow, she cast a healing spell bringing warm air soothing everything about me as I saw the health bar returning to the green zone.

Yggdrasil should probably know that I lost. Was this also apart of his plan? Did he predicted this? But he was so sure that I could beat them... then again, that might be another folly. Thinking about it now would be meaningless.

Right now, I want to enjoy these moments that I have with them..

"Yeah, yeah. I'm okay. I got you to heal me after all.", Fifi merely smiled softly at me and I could feel warmth enveloping my heart to know that I had such a positive emotion directed towards me even after all that I did..

That was until I felt a blast of wind beside me and the sight of something shining. It was a sword, and not just any sword, it was Ansar's. His sword impaled the ground beside me and with cold glaring eyes he looked down at me.

Seeing this, guilt overloaded my very system as I cast a side glance away from him. It was understandable for him to be this angry at me after what I did. Fifi's affection had caught me weirded out but Ansar's reaction was something that I should have been expecting..

It still hurts.. but I should not run.. I should accept whatever punishment he has for me..

"Ansar, I...!! I'm sorry.... I was an idiot.. I know that. I wanted to have my dream come true so bad that I threw away everything without a second thought.. but now... I...I'm...!!"

"Sigh, I get it, I get it. Calm down, Izzy. It's not like you to be like this.", gone was the heartless and nerve wrecking expression on his face and now replaced with a very ansar-like expression with his deadpan tone.

"Still, I'm-"

"It's alright, okay. Like what Fithriyani said, you're not alone any more. You've got us so there's no need for you to pull that stupid stunt any longer. Plus, we're friends. Forgiving you easily is in the descriptions."

This guy is unbelievable. The three of them are. How could they be so easy going like this? Or is it just me that is being very difficult right now? Now that is just embarrassing. Me, the Leader, to be this shameful..

Nevertheless, their easy going attitude. It's infectious, I'll say. As I reach out my hand to accept Ansar's welcoming gesture, inside me, I could feel that being with them.. I am sure a bright future would come. I can finally be happy..

To see that kind of future, I can't wait for it..

"And so finally have you believe in the future, foolish tool."

A mocking voice resounds through the room clutching my heart making me jump in fear and my instincts kicking in me pushing me to shield my friends from the incoming danger. The next thing I knew, I felt an unbearable pain resonating through my body.