chapter 2 || drunken nights

"How do you save someone who doesn't want to be saved?" 

                                                         - (Scott Mcall, Teenwolf)

*                        *                      *

I FELT MYSELF FALLING ASLEEP in class as Ms. Knight droned on and on about literary terms. Probably due to the fact, I only had three hours of sleep last night. I was sitting in the back so it was easier to fall asleep without her looking at me. 

But by the time I was ready to sleep, the kid in front of me tapped the desk making me jolt up. 

"What?" I hissed. He didn't say anything and just passed me a note. I raised my eyebrows at him and he shrugged and pointed towards the front. Issac turned around and gave me a smile. 

I rolled my eyes, of course. He would do something childish like this. I shoved the note back into the kid's hand but he just pushed it back at me. "Issac said to make sure you got it or else he's gonna kick my ass." Leave it to Issac to threaten the kid over some note. I groaned and took it.

I'm sorry for last night. Forgive me? 

I didn't bother writing anything back and shoved the note into my pocket, proceeding to fall asleep. 

-

Lunch was the same every day. 

I sat at my usual spot out in the front against the wall eating my lunch, consisting of a chicken salad. 

"So, what are you having for lunch today?" 

I snapped my head to the left and saw that Issac had plopped down next to me with his friend, Ryan. Then he started talking to Ryan like it was no big deal sitting next to the school's loner. Ryan didn't even seem to mind either that he was sitting within a ten foot radius next to me. 

But Ryan was another different story than Issac. While Issac was the cheerful type of guy, Ryan was the type to glower on your flowers. He was practically the "bad-ass" of this school. It was like the saying "opposite attracts" really worked in their favors. 

"What the hell are you guys doing?" 

They both turned to look at me and Issac glanced at Ryan and turned back to me with a nonchalant expression. "We're eating lunch with you! By the way, you didn't even accept my apology." 

"Maybe I didn't want to accept it," I said under my breath. 

"Heard that, pumpkin!" 

I shook my head and started gathering my things to get away from the two of them but by the time Issac noticed I was going to leave, he stood up in front of me. "Nope, you're not going anywhere. You're staying here right with us. Right, Ryan?" 

"Right," he muffled through a huge bite of pizza. I gave up since Issac wasn't going to let me go anywhere right now. I just sat there eating my salad and not responding to anything he was going to say to me. 

"So, how was your day?"

Silence. 

"Okaay. Ryan says you have pretty hair. Right, Ryan?" 

Ryan coughed. 

Silence from me. 

Finally, the bell rung and it was officially time for me to go. I gathered up my things and went to class leaving Issac and Ryan behind in my dust. 

"Bye, Avery!" 

Silence.

I sighed as I sat in one of the coffee tables at Perk Hill. Once again, the place was crowded as ever and Pete was hurrying to get to everyone's order as fast as he could since it was the dinner rush. Usually he was the only one working because he didn't like people touching his things. Even his family members that tried to helped, he would shoo them out of the kitchen or whatever they were trying to help him with.